Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on Limited/Stock/Whatever

Patrick Sweeney

Looks like I'm going to Bianchi in 2008. I'm planning on shooting in the iron sight division. What would seem reasonable that the NRA doesn't allow?

What are the big tripping points I should avoid on a gun? For instance, are cone barrels allowed in a pistol, or must it be a bushing gun?

And would this be allowed:

Rock River

Looks like I'm going to Bianchi in 2008. I'm planning on shooting in the iron sight division. What would seem reasonable that the NRA doesn't allow?

What are the big tripping points I should avoid on a gun? For instance, are cone barrels allowed in a pistol, or must it be a bushing gun?

And would this be allowed:

Rock River

Pat,

I believe that the grip safety must be operational, and there may be a minimum trigger weight.

Patrick,

4 DIVISIONS for the actual Bianchi Cup. All guns must have 2# minimum trigger weight and all original safeties must work.

Open

Open Modified

Metallic Sights

Production

Open - Anything goes - scoped/shroud/mover base/long/short/heavy/light..... your choice.

Open Modified - any modification, scopes allowed, however barricade wings are prohibited. (intent was to have a basic IPSC or Steel Challenge gun compete)

Metallic sights - metallic notch type sights only (no apeture/ghost ring type metallic sights) There is a maximum sight radius but I don't have that number right now. Front sight cannot extend beyond slide. Standard 6" 1911 is the ideal setup. (intent was for a PPC gun to compete)

Production - Metallic sight only, gun must be readily available from a store without modifications. (some exemptions) see NRA rule book for details. http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nra-rule-books.asp

The Open/Metallic Aggreagate is for one optic and one metallic sight gun... your choice.

Check NRA's website for further details.

Bruce

Edited by BPiatt

I'll shoot anything if there's a competition. I've shot PPC, metallic silhouette, IPSC, USPSA, cowboy before it was CAS, American Handgunner, bowling pins, The Masters (I shot the inaugural match) Steel Challenge, 3-gun, whatever.

But I do have some standards. It has to be a hi-zoot gun, or something completely off the wall.

so, would that RRA 9mm be allowed? Suitable? Impressive?

Ya it'll work, I've got a STI Targetmaster in 9mm that I'm playing with for the Cup stuff, but my two main guns for metallic are a 587 with a 8" barrel and a four position rear sight set up for moon clips. The other is my production gun it's an old 586 8 3/8's stock except for the grips and the grease, finished in the top 5 with that on the metallic side about 3 years ago.

Was just thinking that if you shoot a wheel gun well stick with that, they are competetive............

Greg in VA