Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using a SBR

KentG

Im pretty sure I know the awnser but I will ask here for confirmation.

Its legal to use a properly registered SBR in matches,,,yes?

I have used mine in a few local matches where there were no long shots with an Aimpoint and a LaRue mount.

Its a lot of fun and really nice on the stages with ports and walls. :cheers:

Edited by tnek

Yes, as long as you have the copy of the form with you, you have notified the ATF&E of the transport ( interstate ) and know your zero! I have used a can in a few matches and it is all good as long as it is legal where you end up.....as you know as a title 2 holder.

Yes, as long as you have the copy of the form with you, you have notified the ATF&E of the transport ( interstate ) and know your zero! I have used a can in a few matches and it is all good as long as it is legal where you end up.....as you know as a title 2 holder.

I called to verify and you have to fill out a Form 5320.20 and mail in 2 copies. You must have the approved form with you along with a copy of your form 4. They told me the will have it mailed back in a couple weeks. That should be plenty of time, but we are talking about the BATF here.

As I recall, you can be pretty general with that form. For instance, I know of people filling it out as "Jan 1, 2007 through Dec 31, 2007, travel to [fill in the State] for training and competition" and having it approved.

Of course, that only helps if you're going to that particular State several times. In-State, no form is needed unless your State requires it.

Since we do compete against each other from time to time on house clearing stages I think you need to have a 46" barrel for all of those stages. Letter going to govener today to mandate that for you. ( p.s. I will be designing multiple stages with ports and very narrow hallways for that 46" gun)

Since we do compete against each other from time to time on house clearing stages I think you need to have a 46" barrel for all of those stages. Letter going to govener today to mandate that for you. ( p.s. I will be designing multiple stages with ports and very narrow hallways for that 46" gun)

Looks like I will have to put the 9mm bolt back in your gun when your not looking :surprise:

Info if interested. I know some of this ammo is not available anymore unless you stashed it away. The TAP is the Red box full power stuff thats hard to get without a LEO letter.

Gotta say I like the Guat. After I did the chrono I slaped in a partial mag of the Guat and put up a target at 50 and 100 yards. First shot off the rest with my Aimpoint was in the low left of the X ring of a SR1 target the x ring is 1 1/4" at 50yards and turned the rifle a few degrees to shoot the 100 yard target and put one shot in the 10 ring a half inch left and low of the X ring. That was off of a rest though.

Temp was 85+ and high humidity.

Ammo Type Bullet Weight Average Velocity Extreme Spread Standard Deviation Power Factor

Guatamalan Lot 5 1990 55gr 2830 65.15 19.05 155.65

IMI Brown Box '99 55gr 2683 37.93 11.35 147.56

Winchester Q313A '99 55gr 2740 64.52 18.33 150.7

Hornady Tap Red box #8126N 75gr 2532 62.55 18.94 198.9

Black Hills Moly 69gr 2432 77.91 28.03 167.8

Edited by tnek

I haven't used an SBR, but I have used a submachinegun (on semi-auto) for some pistol-caliber-carbine matches (USPSA and others). A 6" or 10" barrel on a "long gun" can be pretty handy at times. ;)

DSC02162.jpg

Oh man I couldnt resist flipping the switch at least once on a stage :surprise:

Way cool.