Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Mag Tube For 1100 Youth Model

jhgtyre

I e-mailed Benny Hill about this and he had some good suggestions but I wanted to see what others thought. I have just picked up an 1100 LT Youth model in 20 gauge for my daughter and I want to put an extension on the mag tube. Benny says he puts two four round tubes together and that is an idea I think I can get to work. He also says that Kurt M in CO is making a single long tube and that sounds even better. Kurt, if you see this let me know what you have going. Does anyone else have a good idea or, better yet, a source for the extended tube?

Thanks,

-ld

While I don't see them offered in any of the online stores...the infomation that came with my Choate 10 round tube for my 12 gauge 1100 stated that they also made an extended tube for the 20 gauge. I believe it was an 8 round extension.

I just found their website. A quick glance shows me that they offer an 8 round spring for the 20 gauge, and that they offer tubes for the "Light Weight".

http://www.riflestock.com/

• 11 months later...

Hey, talked with the guys at Choate. Their 8 round mag extender is 7 + 1. Damn. They mentioned that they do have a base clamp for the LT now, and have no reason not to make a 9 round (marketing speak for an 8 + 1). I think we need to email Fred and ask him to make a few for those of us that are thinking of using the LT 20. Email him at ccmmtt@ipa.net.

j-m

Hey, talked with the guys at Choate. Their 8 round mag extender is 7 + 1.

This is what I have been telling ya'll for awhile now. I have one.

The Easy Loader will not fit either. The frame is too narrow. Nice little gun, nothing from the full size 1100 will fit.

Have had one for my daughter for 2 years now, the choate 20 ga tube works well.

Also modified an easy loader to fit by grinding equal amounts of material off of both sides until it would fit in the reciever. ( per manufacters instruction )---works like a champ.

Dave Schattel

For some reason, the one that Choate sent me holds 8+1, just lucky I guess.

the side lips on the easy loader are only about .015 thich when finished, thought it

was too thin, but 2 years of use hasn't broken it yet.

• 1 month later...

I PICKED UP A REMINGTON 1100 SYNTHICK ( 26" ) AND HAD IT MAG-NA-PORTED, DRILLED AND TAPPED FOR A RED DOT AND PUT A CHROATE MAG EXTENSION 9 + 1 ALSO WITH A SPEEDLOADER ALL IN 20 GA, AND IT ROCKS.

I CAN'T RECALL WHEN I HAVE HAD SO MUUH FUN W/A SHOTGUN. 9 INCH

STEEL PLATES AT 50 YARS W/SULGS, NO PROBLEM.