Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Team with 12 bbl ports

Kingman

Ok, so I am getting lazy and really looking for one gun that can serve multiple purposes on one frame. So Mr. Henning I have some questions?

1. Can you make major with all those bbl ports in a 9mm gun.

2. Does the 9mm run well? I notice most are running some sort of 38 caliber?

3. Is the bianchi shroud still around?

4. How would that work with all those ports?

I think that is about it.

EAA has two shipment coming in July. I should have Limited 40's mid July. Gold Team 38's I'm not sure yet. Got a couple of the long slide last month, but we're waiting for the 'PRO' model which is 0.400" shorter slide and a V12.

9mm might be a way to go down the road, but I don't recommend them for open class as of now. Making the 9mm big sticks work is going to be more troublesome than it's worth. 38 super rimless only caliber I recommend as of now. Beven is going to tackle the 9mm big sticks and whenever he's got that taken care of 9mm's will be way to go. But not yet.

I've shot 38 super since 1995 in these guns and when the rimless was introduced mid to late 90's it eliminated any feeding issue and it's just a dream to shoot the gun.

29 + 1 is the current mag capacity in the 171.25mm mags ! 24 + 1 in the 140mm mags.

Here is some info he posted on another thread.

I am not sure if the Bianchi shrouds have changed, but the one that I have covers the slide all the way from the ejection port to just beyond the end of the slide. That would place all of the porting underneath the shroud. While that would likely stress the heck out of the shroud, porting the shroud would make it impossible to hold. My guess is that you would need to fit another barrel (unported) to the the top end and all would be good.

Edited by L9X25