Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First timer at the Nationals

Bwana Six-Gun

Did a search, but didn't seem to get any results, so pardon if this is a repeat.

Having never been to the Nationals or USSA, I have a bunch of questions.

What is the parking like? How far from parking area to shooting bays? Can we drive to the bays? If not, do we need some kind of cart? Will golf carts be available for rent and are they necessary or just nice to have? How far from the match hotel to the range? Will there be a practice range open Sunday morning, and a chrono available? What are the surfaces of the shooting bays like, have they managed to get sod down on all of them or are they still dirt? Will they be using forward falling poppers again this year, do they have the kinks from last year worked out? I seem to recall that some folks mentioned have trouble with those last year.

What is the parking like? How far from parking area to shooting bays?

Plenty of parking. Its pretty close, maybe 5min walk to the farthest bays. 1min to the closest.

Can we drive to the bays?

No, couldnt last year

If not, do we need some kind of cart? Will golf carts be available for rent and are they necessary or just nice to have?

No, no

How far from the match hotel to the range?

like 20-30min I believe.

Will there be a practice range open Sunday morning?

Sunday, the day after the awards, I doubt it , its not a public range.

and a chrono available?

doubt it.

What are the surfaces of the shooting bays like, have they managed to get sod down on all of them or are they still dirt?

The should be all sodded, so prepare for turf.

Will they be using forward falling poppers again this year, do they have the kinks from last year worked out? I seem to recall that some folks mentioned have trouble with those last year.

yes yes, they work fine now.

Thanks Mike, but Sunday Morning is "Before" the LPR Nationals, of which I'm sure Bwana 6gun is referring.

Will there be a practice range available at all thruout the LPR Nationals? As there was at the OL10 Nats this year?

It was reported the OL10 Sight In Range was to be open at 8am, just before the Registration opened.

Has the Sod taken, in May it was reported to be a muddy mess in some Bays?

Any idea what the weather will be like???? :surprise:

whoa, I was thinking it was a wed morning start, my bad...

Id plan on at least mid 90's; It could get really hot. -or cool, or rain, or tornadoes, ... :)

Yea, kind of like my neck of the prairie here in Kansas.

We plan to have a sight-in/function fire range open when registration starts. Sometimes chrono man does courtesy chronography at this time--depends on whether it's ready to go or not, weather, etc.

Troy