Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Day trip to Phoenix

ima45dv8

Gee, where do I begin?

I hate...

• that I won't be in town long enough to invite Brian out for dinner and drinks
  • that I won't have time to check out Dillon's showroom while I'm in the neighborhood
  • that there's a metric ton of people from this forum that I'd like to meet while there
  • that I have to wear a suit due to the business nature of the trip
  • and mostly that while my brother is kicked back in my recliner watching movies on my big screen in the A/C, the weather forecast in Phoenix is calling for 115 degrees, "... near record high temps for the day."

Yeah, yeah, I know. . . . . "But it's a DRY heat!"

So is the climate in my oven and I've overcooked lots of stuff in there, too.

======================

I'll stop bitching now and try to remember that at least I have a job, and some good folks over in the sandbox have it a lot harder and hotter than I will in Phoenix.

Well, your itinerary could develop "problems". Stick around and shoot our Sunday match. We shot the "Tues Night Steel" and it was about 109-110. We're not crazy, just fried.

Jim

Well, your itinerary could develop "problems". Stick around and shoot our Sunday match. We shot the "Tues Night Steel" and it was about 109-110. We're not crazy, just fried.

Jim

I wish!

. . . . . "But it's a DRY heat!"

It's a dry heat, like your oven or hell.

You could always have some "transportation difficulties” that force you to have to stay an extra day or two.

I've lost count of the day trips I've made to Phoenix. Get up earlier than my usual 0500, drive to Phoenix. Meet with state employed morons that don't understand the laws their supposed to be enforcing. Using said misunderstanding as a club lever to force whatever personal agenda they are trying to advance. Or, the more usual, having to explain that what their rules actually say isn't the same as what they seem to think they say. Seems like every trip we have to bring in the next higher level of management so that they can explain to their employees what the rules say.

Then, drive home.

The best part is driving to Phoenix staring into the rising sun and driving home from Phoenix staring into the setting sun. Pure heaven.

I feel your pain! :surprise:

At that temp the density altitude will be damn high and the airplanes will need to take off "light". Just say you got put off as excess weight.

A billion years ago (or so it seems) when I did a short stint as a road warrior I suffered from a lot of aircraft issues that made for extra days in nice places. The oddest place I ever did that was Dayton OH. I wanted to see the museum at Wright-Patterson. It was soooo worth it.

At that temp the density altitude will be damn high and the airplanes will need to take off "light". Just say you got put off as excess weight.

A billion years ago (or so it seems) when I did a short stint as a road warrior I suffered from a lot of aircraft issues that made for extra days in nice places. The oddest place I ever did that was Dayton OH. I wanted to see the museum at Wright-Patterson. It was soooo worth it.

Don't overlook the NFL Hall of Fame or the McKinley Memorial, both in Canton.

Well worth the effort.