Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case For Shotgun & Rifle?

I didn't want to hijack the other thread.

Instead of driving the car from stage to stage, on certain occasions I like to just carry my stuff around. I currently use two cases and it is fine right now. But are there any good soft cases out there that can hold both an AR and a shotgun at the same time?

I was thinking of getting one of those sniper drag-bags, but the ones I have seen (Blackhawk) don't seem to be able to carry two long-guns. Any other options out there?

Blackhawk makes a double case that will hold A 20" AR and a 20" 870. I use one for duty. Not sure if they make anything longer for the extra length on the limited and open IPSC shotguns. It has a divider between the guns and 2 way zippers. It has a decent sized side pocket that comes with a universal pistol holster or can be used for mags/spare ammo.

:huh: I put my $_____ worth (wife might read it) AR and 1100 in a cheap, no really cheap, plastic shell double case. It wont hold any mags or ammo but I carry a second range bag for all the extra junk you need for three gun. I would also like to find a double case that will take my AR and 26" 1100 that does not cost more than my gun.

FYI I recently picked up a Bagmaster Heavy Weapon Case to carry my 14.5" Bushmaster and 14" Mossberg 590 to the range.

Pic here.

I really like the cinch strap design.

To make it a 2 rifle case, I bought a 1/2" thick foam cut to the inside dimension of the case.

The added bonus with this case is that besides mags for the rifle, you can also carry your handgun in the 2 inside padded pocket. BTW the velcro is along the length of the pocket and not just a little patch as shown in the pic.

Is got a thin foam laminated to the cordura. Its more of a closed cell type foam than open cell. Kinda feels like a cheep velvet nylon on the inside. Pretty typical of what you find in soft gun cases. It's plenty enough paded for toteing back and forth to the range and between stages. You'd not want to ship or check your long guns in this case but for throwing a couple long guns and some accessories into the trunk or back seat for a trip to the range its fine.

Ace cases are frequently found at gun shows so you can get a look at one there. You've probably seen their stuff and just not known it.