Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What should be done to a STI tactical?

aggunner

I was going to pick up a used benny hill gun but the deal fell through so I ended up ordering a tactical from shootersconnection. What should I have done to the gun in regards to reliability and function?

I have a tactical 40 and it runs great, it had a few hangups right in the first several hundred rounds, but now it functions great. I was getting a nose dive and just slapped the bottom of the mag and then it slid the round right in. For competition I would get the trigger lightened and maybe a fiber optic sight on the front. I also blended the grip to the magwell for easy mag insertion.

Redwoods

I have a tactical 40 and it runs great, it had a few hangups right in the first several hundred rounds, but now it functions great. I was getting a nose dive and just slapped the bottom of the mag and then it slid the round right in. For competition I would get the trigger lightened and maybe a fiber optic sight on the front. I also blended the grip to the magwell for easy mag insertion.

Redwoods

I'll probably lighten the trigger up a bit. My carry gun is at 3.5#s and I like it at that or lighter

I've had mine for about a year and had no feeding problems. Only issue is that the Recoilmaster broke, but the company sent me another one. I may have it hard chromed, because some of the stock parts are prone to rust.

My Edge runs great, with no mods. I got it from Dawson, and they did their thing to it. took forever to gew, but runs flawlessly. I have friends that did all kinds of stuff to their STI's and they are always down. In this case I believe, "less is more."