Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much for this build?

burntcrispy

Lately I've been looking to get a double stack pistol for IPSC/USPSA. I've got a friend who wants to sell one that he has because he never uses it. We haven't discussed price so I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you think this pistol would be worth. I'm kind of a noob to STI/SVI so I really appreciate the advice.

The setup: SVI lower, STI slide, standard length dust cover, Briley barrel, all Ed Brown parts, Dawson front sight, Bo Mar rear sight. Very low round count built by a top notch gunsmith. (I'm not worried about reliablity because I completely trust this individual and he is going to give me the pistol for a month to try out).

Thanks for the info.

Too much left out.

Caliber? Ought to be .40 for a doublestack Limited. Pass on anything else.

Finish? Blue, Chrome?

Special millwork? Light slide? Textured grip?

Picture would help.

Sorry guys.

.40 cal, no mags, black teflon type composite finish, custom build, southwestern US area. This isn't a safequeen but a pistol built specifically for comptetition. (no frills, just performance).

Thanks again for the help.

Still not enough to really give you a "value"

If it was built by a reputable smith *and* he stands behind it, could be worth $1500-1800.

If it was built by a guy who calls himself a smith while he experiments with other people's money... it will cost you more to "fix" it than it is worth.

At the end of the day, it is worth whatever you decide it is worth. If you make an offer, contingent on either an inspection period or a try-it-out-at-the-range-day, and it passes your insoection, great. If the seller says "no" to inspecting or trying it, that may tell you a lot.

$.02

Bruce