Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loosing My Best Shooting Buddy

MichiganShootist

Early this month my best shooting buddy sold his home and relocated to Iowa. This week I went to my second match without him and realized what a loss it truly was.

We had some great times together at local matches, major match road trips.... and even at practice sessions. :cheers:

He and I coached each other and were able to improve based on the constructive advice we offered each other.

I guess now I'll just have to make a few car (or bike) trips out to his new "neck of the woods".

BTW---- Iowa IDPA CDP shooters--- be prepared to have your butts kicked. Over and over again :bow: There is a new gun slinger on your block.

Will do Doug... Thanks.

He's busy getting moved and starting a brand new job.... with two kids under 5 and one one the way--- He's a really busy guy right this moment.... But he has been a regular on the forum in the past and I'm sure he'll "touch base" as soon as things return to some form of normalcy for him and his family.

IDPA's pretty much dead on the vine out here these days--he might find a match or two over in Illinois. The really good news for your buddy is his CDP gear will serve him very well at the several active USPSA clubs he will find in the eastern part of the state, especially now that Single Stack is going "legit."

And, we would love to have both of you shoot our big Iowa Back-to-Back Single-Stack/Revolver match this fall!

Edited by Carmoney

Hey Mike Thanks

I can't make the Back-to-back match.. I already checked it out.... and my calendar is loaded that weekend.

My buddy (the new Iowaninian) also shoots in PSS division and has won a couple sectionals in USPSA.. so he'll be looking for opportunities in that "game" too.

Mark,

Thanks. I appreciate what you've said. I miss you too. I never realized how huge shooting is in Michigan until I left.

I joined a local club. They don't have USPSA or IDPA, but at least it's a close place to practice. I found six acres of land for sale. If things work out with my new job, I will be building a private range.

On a positive note, Les Baer is moving to Iowa in four months- twenty minutes from my house. And my new gun room is rather large. Also, Brownells is in Iowa!!

Doug, thank you for your offer to help me get going. I'll be in touch.

Chris

Hey Mike Thanks

I can't make the Back-to-back match.. I already checked it out.... and my calendar is loaded that weekend.

My buddy (the new Iowaninian) also shoots in PSS division and has won a couple sectionals in USPSA.. so he'll be looking for opportunities in that "game" too.

It's IOWEGIAN. :lol: :lol: :lol:

FM