Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sept 3- Gun in Alabama?

I thought about doing it that way, but that would mean bringing 6 different guns and associated ammo and gear over there. There's a couple of guys coming with me and even my Expedition is only so big. Might need to haul the trailer just for all our gear. :lol:

Edited by cpty1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Big Spring Jam will be going on in Huntsville this weekend. There will be 5 stages with a variety of performers. Here's the schedule. Something to think about in addition to the match.

Here's the link to the web site for more info.

Big Spring Jam

Friday

WZYP stage

6:00 Love and Theft

7:15 WAR

8:45 Keller Williams

10:15 Creedence Clearwater Revisited

WDRM stage

6:00 Jypsi

7:15 Nashville Star Tour

8:45 Craig Morgan

10:15 Sawyer Brown

The Rock stage

6:00 A Dream Too Late

7:15 This Beautiful Republic

8:45 Falling Up

10:15 Jars of Clay

Pratt & Whittney stage

6:00 The Lee Boys

7:15 The Avett Brothers

8:45 Terry & The Zydeco Bad Boys

10:15 Papa Grows Funk

The Rocket stage

6:00 Midnight to Twelve

7:15 Michael Warren Band

8:45 Soul Asylum

10:15 Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Saturday

WZYP stage

4:30 Skillet

5:45 Cracker

7:00 Seether

8:30 Breaking Benjamin

10:15 Three Days Grace

WDRM stage

4:30 The Road Hammers

5:45 Bomshel

7:00 Earl Thomas Conley

8:30 Pat Green

10:15 Jason Aldean

The Rock stage

4:30 Stephanie Smith

5:15 Thousand Foot Krutch

6:30 BarlowGirl

7:45 tobyMac

9:15 NEEDTOBREATHE

10:30 Family Force 5

Pratt & Whittney stage

4:30 Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband

5:45 L'Angelus

7:00 Preservation Hall Jazz Band

8:30 Koko Taylor & Her Blues Machine

10:15 Brian Jack & The Zydeco Gamblers

The Rocket stage

4:30 Yes No Maybe

5:45 George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic

7:00 George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic (cont)

8:30 Los Lonely Boys

10:15 The Commodores

Sunday

WZYP stage

4:30 Ana Popovic

5:45 Chris Duarte & Bluestone

7:15 Puddle of Mudd

8:45 Foreigner

WDRM stage

4:30 Whiskey Falls

5:45 Bucky Covington

7:15 Taylor Swift

8:45 LeAnn Rimes

The Rock stage

4:30 Altar'd

5:30 Britt Nicole

6:30 Jackson Waters

7:30 Decyfer Down

8:45 Skillet

Pratt & Whittney stage

4:30 Harper

5:45 T. Broussard & The Zydeco Steppers

7:15 The Last Waltz Ensemble

8:45 The Dirty Dozen Brass Band

The Rocket stage

4:30 Jason Ricci & New Blood

5:45 Ingram Hill

7:15 North Mississippi Allstars

8:45 Dr. John

Jeff

Thanks for the call. I'm in. How about a few more details:

estimated min # of slugs -

Any steel only shotgun stages or is it steel and clay on the same stage (wondering about using some buckshot) Is that O.K.?

Pistol stages: any of them paper only or is some steel mixed in? Don't want to get into trouble with any wimpy loads (Hopalong that question was for you)

Rifle stages: both up close and distance inside same stage for all or can I get away with some cheap .223 (close stuff) on soe of it.

Bring a sling?

Or never mind. I know you'll have it all mixed up and jumbled.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

Jeff

Thanks for the call. I'm in. How about a few more details:

estimated min # of slugs -

Any steel only shotgun stages or is it steel and clay on the same stage (wondering about using some buckshot) Is that O.K.?

Pistol stages: any of them paper only or is some steel mixed in? Don't want to get into trouble with any wimpy loads (Hopalong that question was for you)

Rifle stages: both up close and distance inside same stage for all or can I get away with some cheap .223 (close stuff) on soe of it.

Bring a sling?

MHearn

8 slugs minimum, steel is in all shotgun stages mixed with clays, some of it is a little heavy, there is steel mixed in pistol stages as well, 2 of the rifle stages are up close so no real need for precision ammo on those stages, only one stage with difficult distant targets

A sling on the rifle may be a good idea on one stage but you still will be required to control the muzzle ( point downrange) while engaging a couple targets with your pistola

What else you want to know?

see ya'll this weekend

jc

Jeff,

I talked with Stefan and I get the impression that we will be able to pick our squads when we get there. Is this so? As for the rifle sling can we work around not using one. There will be a few people coming who have never shot this type of match.

Thanks.

Bryan

Jeff,

I talked with Stefan and I get the impression that we will be able to pick our squads when we get there. Is this so? As for the rifle sling can we work around not using one. There will be a few people coming who have never shot this type of match.

Thanks.

Bryan

If you have squad request shoot me a PM and I will work the squad list as much as possible ahead of time, as for slings, yes you will be able to suffice without one the way the stage is set up.

Hopalong, I am hurt you aren't going to come participate, I see how you are, your going to miss some fun

Edited by benelli2

Jeff,

Thanks.

Bryan

If you have squad request shoot me a PM and I will work the squad list as much as possible ahead of time, as for slings, yes you will be able to suffice without one the way the stage is set up.

Hopalong, I am hurt you aren't going to come participate, I see how you are, your going to miss some fun

Jeff,

Thanks.

Bryan

Hey guys,

Here are the scoresheets for the match. I tried to paste the finals in but did not want to deal with formatting right now. Congrats to Eric Johnson who won the Sabre Defense AR-15, Robert Romero 1st Tactical-Optics, Chris Patty 1st Open,Mike Gettemy 1st Tactical Irons.

Hope everyone had a good time,

Jeff, when we doing it again?

Shoot safe,

John Ellis

3Gun_9_30_07_scores.pdf

Hey guys,

Here are the scoresheets for the match. I tried to paste the finals in but did not want to deal with formatting right now. Congrats to Eric Johnson who won the Sabre Defense AR-15, Robert Romero 1st Tactical-Optics, Chris Patty 1st Open,Mike Gettemy 1st Tactical Irons.

Hope everyone had a good time,

Jeff, when we doing it again?

Shoot safe,

John Ellis

Just found out that there was an error on stage 6 tactical-optics causing it to be weighed too heavily. I've attached the corrected scores. The order of the first six (paid out) did not change but there was some movement farther down. Sorry for the confusion.

John

3Gun_9_30_07_scores_corrected.pdf

Edited by iainmcphersn

It was a good day.

First off I would like to thank Jeff and John and all the other folks I don't know who put this together and also Sabre Defence for helping support the "little guys" like all of us who shoot locally. I came into it with some 3 gun experience but have been shooting IPSC for about 2-3 yrs now. After opening day of dove season the other week I figured out how to shoot a shotgun again!! But anyways, I came into it with the mindset to have fun, no pressure and learn something and it would be good practice and have fun w/my shooting buddies from B'ham. The stages were all fun and challenging, especially the jungle walk w/the shotgun. I figured $50 entry for a 3 gun/multi gun was a good deal and $25 more in raffle tickets was worth the price of admission anyways so I went ahead an got some extras. I still can't believe I won that rifle, they can't ship it fast enough to FFL, which is why I had a hard time letting go of it yesterday (he, my precious, hehe, BACK AWAY!!!, MINE, my precious...), but working 12m-8am, had to get home and get some sleep. But it was a full weekend of shooting, shot the Bham tact. rifle Sat. and this on Sunday so I had a blast, winning the gun and placing in the top 5 on Sunday aside.

But $20 + ammo for Tactical Rifle match on Saturday

$50 for entry to 3 gun + ammo and gas

$25 for 5 extra raffle tickets

Being out of pocket $35, ammo and gas but shooting all weekend w/great people on great stages and winning a pimp daddy Sabre Defence AR and placing in the money too,

PRICELESS!!!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who made it happen, it really was a very well managed and smoothly ran match with fun and challenging stages. We need to get one of these going once every month or two.

Catch ya'll on the flip side, sporting a Sabre AR, LOL

Eric Johnson

The long haired hippy looking limited glock shooting freak also know as Stik

Edited by stik

To Jeff and everyone else who worked hard putting on this match ------- THANK YOU!!!!!! :cheers:

We had a blast!

And again , Thank You to Grant w/ Saber Defense for the prize rifle! :cheers:

See u at Benning!! ( I hear rumors of 400yd rifle this year :blink: )

Para069

Thanks for the kind words, we did out best on the stages without knowing how many people we would be pushing through. That was one sweet Sabre rifle, I wanted to throw glass on it and go shoot the long range rifle stage for fun, but I think it would have been even better in the maze stage. I appreciate all the help and everyone that came out, I hope everyone had fun, I definately saw some ferocous blasting on the close range stages, even backing up

See ya'll again soon

jc