Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Indiana Sectional Championship

I participated in the 2007 Indiana Sectional on Saturday June 16th. Wow what a fun match!!!!!!!!

The majority of the stages had a sports theme (like shooting a basketball or kicking a football to start a stage)... and it was a blast.

I burned through 256 rounds... and when shooting revolver.. that's a Hell of a lot of shooting!! We were done in about 4 hours thanks to very small squads and well organized ROs.... allowing the half day format.

I faced my very first Texas star... which ended up with funny results. I had no idea how to shoot it.....and I did a terrible job...using "several/many" moon clips of ammo to get all the plates.... that was followed by a range failure which "earned" me a reshoot. On the second try... I managed to get past the Texas Star with only 7 rounds and I ended up taking almost 20 seconds off my stage time. (Many thanks to the shooter Gods looking over Indiana).

A big thanks to all the Hoosier Shooters (and a few from Michigan) who planned and worked on the match... It was clearly one of the best Level II matches I have attended.

This was truly a great match. This was the most/best pre-match information ever available. The stages were awesome, the RO's were totally professional, and it was nice to get a prize when we signed in (what a great idea). David, hats off to you, great job to all involved. This was a lot of fun and I look forward to next year.

As a lowly wall toter and clip board holder. I would like to say it was well worth it to meet a great bunch of competitors. Hope to see you all next year. And kudos to our leaders Dave, Aron, and Steve. Great leadership makes great matches.

By the way we had 4 class winners in our R/O staff. Those of you who have worked 3 days setting up. And finish shooting your match at 8 pm on Friday, know what that means.

Mike..................

Edited by m.e.t.

This was my first "Big" match and I have to say I hope they are all run like this one. I was not so impressed with my own performance. I'm still trying to remember what my plan for a stage is after the timer goes off. I loved, and kicked butt, on the texas star. This was only my second time shooting one and I can't waite to get the chance to do it again. My other problem was my hotel. They must have had some kind of biker ralley going on so it wasn't the best place to get rest before a match. I met a lot of folks that i've only talked to on this forum and I have to say everybody was great. See ya'll at Area 8.