Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloads

ErikW

you weren't thinking, you just did them. Sometime Nike Philosophy has its advantages. Like some of my old mud drag friends would say after tinkering with engines before races "Fujk it, Run it!", sometimes it just comes together like that.

That was three targets (middle one skewed with no-shoot covering half of A zone, right one upside down) set up mostly for indexing practice. (Shoot T1-T3, reload, re-engage.) The bad news is my accuracy was shite! I started out at 25-30 yards and sprayed poor shotgun patterns. I did an off-the-clock freestyle group in the half-A zone and some of the shots went low into the no-shoot. I said screw this accuracy practice, I'm gonna step up to 5-7 yards and hose. I did that 1.13 on my first reload at that range. I did the 1.07 on the very next string and thought, maybe the timer didn't malfunction after all.

I also did a double-Bill drill with reload in under 4, all 12 on paper, not neccessarily all in the A zone.

I blamed the lack of accuracy on the "seconds" bullets I bought, loaded short over Clays.