Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

caspian wide body 45 mags

Back in the mid 90's caspian made a wide body frame for 45acp .that used megar 10 round 45 mags. I buught 2 of them and had one of them welded to a 38 super mag to make a 25 round mag. Over time the base pads have cracked, so I would like to replace them. E-mailed caspian they do not have any mags or parts. E-mailed megar had no responce. Does any body know where i can get some base plates.

Thanks

John

If they are MecGar base plates, you should at least be able to pick up a couple mags off eBay. Not the cheapest route but available. Oh, and calling MecGar might be a better option than e-mail. It's been a few years but I called them and they at least answered the phone.

Those EGW pads from Brownell's should work.

The Dawson Precision won't fit into the Caspain mag well; meaning you need to use a longer than stock magazine.

I have a Dawson Precision on my Open 170MM mag and wish I could have them on all of my mags.

FM

The Dawson Precision won't fit into the Caspain mag well; meaning you need to use a longer than stock magazine.

I have a Dawson Precision on my Open 170MM mag and wish I could have them on all of my mags.

FM

I have the egw on my standard 38 super mags .the mag I need the base for is a mag I had a friend make out of a standard caspian 38 super mag and a caspian 45 mag made by megar witch caspian sold for their wide body frame before they stopped making it. the base on it has the flanges on the out side instesd of the inside.Iam going to try and call megar.also try some eaa base pads.

FM

I have the egw on my standard 38 super mags .the mag I need the base for is a mag I had a friend make out of a standard caspian 38 super mag and a caspian 45 mag made by megar witch caspian sold for their wide body frame before they stopped making it. the base on it has the flanges on the out side instesd of the inside.Iam going to try and call megar.also try some eaa base pads.

Sorry I didn't catch the fact that you are using Mecgars.

I'd like to see if I could make a (longer than stock) Mecgar 38 Super mag work in my Caspian.

If I could I'd change everything over just to get the convenience of DP mag pads. :D

I need to find that TT article again!

FM

FM

Sorry I didn't catch the fact that you are using Mecgars.

The DP's might work with the outside lips.

I'd like to see if I could make a (longer than stock) Mecgar 38 Super mag work in my Caspian.

If I could I'd change everything over just to get the convenience of DP mag pads. :D

I need to find that TT article again!

FM

I use the 45 cal Promag for my Caspian 40. Dawson pads work fine, they do not fit real snug but work just the same.

They don't fit tight on my 170 MM mag either but they work great!

The 45 Promags must be longer than the standard 38 Super Caspian mags to fit in the well with the DP pads?

FM