Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finding a 1948D dime in my pocket

vrmn1

You get the oddest things in change if you pay attention. I got a 1950's Silver Certificate the other day and the wife got a bunch of wheat back pennies about the same time.

I suspect a lot of this "old money" that is in circulation is the result of stolen coin/bill collections being spent at face value by scumbags. But, it is in my collection now. Wish I could return it but that would be nigh unto impossible.

You get the oddest things in change if you pay attention. I got a 1950's Silver Certificate the other day and the wife got a bunch of wheat back pennies about the same time.

I suspect a lot of this "old money" that is in circulation is the result of stolen coin/bill collections being spent at face value by scumbags. But, it is in my collection now. Wish I could return it but that would be nigh unto impossible.

Actually I suspect a lot of it is stolen from them by their own kids. Kind of like taking $5 out of mom's purse, but they don't know what they are taking. Actually I KNOW a lot of it makes it back into circulation this way as it was a pretty common thing amongst all the kiddies when I was back in middle school.