Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9x19 Major Brass - How many reloads can you get out of brass?

HoMiE

I know most out there shooting 9x19 major are using once-fired brass and probably don't pick it up. My question is can you reload with the same brass more than once (or twice since it's already once-fired) loading 9's to major PF? And if anybody does re-use the brass, what kind of case life can you expect.

Edited by HoMiE

I have recently tested up to 10 loadings .

I dont suggest this many as the primer pocket will get loose.

we use once fired range brass and discard it after 3 or 4 reloadings.

I prefer once fired same headstamp for major matches.

Jim

I have tried to load the cases up to five times with no problem at all.

But as I have a good supply of once fired 9X19 cases, have I decided to play it safe and leave the brass on the ground.

running 9.1gr of HS-6 under a 115gr Zero JHP @ 1.155" OAL.

I've done 2 firings, on the 3rd the primers fall out about 1 out of 300. Generally I just scrap em or use em for minor loads after the first one, since I can usually get 9 brass for $8/k.

I've done 2 firings, on the 3rd the primers fall out about 1 out of 300. Generally I just scrap em or use em for minor loads after the first one, since I can usually get 9 brass for $8/k.

Where are you getting the brass so cheap from? PM or email me please?

i thought the whole idea of 9mm major was to avoid picking up brass and re-using it.

That's the best part. However, if I practice at an indoor range and it's laying at my feet, even I'm not so lazy as to leave it there. Not to mention the fact that I usually come out with twice as much as I go in with.

Where are you getting the brass so cheap from? PM or email me please?

Ditto on that,please?

My 6 and 7 time fired brass is getting a tad flaky. Other than introducing new WWB into the mix once in awhile, I'm hurting.

i thought the whole idea of 9mm major was to avoid picking up brass and re-using it.

lynn

I don't worry about picking up brass at a match, but after a practice session I usually pick it up. I then just load it to minor pf for my production gun. Never loaded them back to major pf, just wondering what others experience was. wondering if its worth it to buy new brass and reload it at major or keep buying once-fired brass.