Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Other Shooting Sports

38superman

David,

I suggest you have someone smack one of the little white things with one of those weird sticks.

Once the white thingy is airborne, go ahead and shoot it.

Should give a whole new meaning to the term "mover".

If you get good at that, Texas star will be a joke. :cheers:

Tony

I'll do some hunting every year and I just bought a new bird dog so I do try to set some time aside for other things. My son loves to play sports so I'm busy with that. Otherwise I'm all about the USPSA!

I have been on the USPSA bandwagon for about 5 years now (shooting and officiating). I am starting to get back into archery and hunting again (thanks to my boys starting the cub scouts and doing the leader thing for their dens), but what I am really excited about is shooting 3 gun again!!! Even though 223 ammo is through the roof, and gas is a killer, I am still gonna make a run at it. Last time I shot it was 3 years ago. Now its called "Multi-Gun", but it looks funner than ever (ditching and transition guns)!!! Just need to dust off the AR, the shotgun and all those speedloader thingamabobies.

BTW Dave...that "golfing with guns" sounds like fun!!!

Edited by Barrettone

I have a NSSA life membership but haven't shot a bird in 2 years because USPSA is a lot cheaper and more fun. Also I have never seen a USPSA shooter throw a shell after a miss. Skeet has gotten too money hungry, $38-40 a gauge so a full weekend can cost $250 or more with side events. If people think USPSA has a costly equipment race try a Kolar with a $10,000 starting price.

I enjoyed skeet a bunch along with sporting clays. I can't remember ever using the safety on my over/under during a match!!! I only paid $1500 for that Browning I made AA with but I sure was outclassed by all those Kreigoffs and Perazzis. That $1500 might cover the tax on one of those.

We shot IPSC across the fence from our club's skeet range and all we heard was a bunch of complaints from the skeet shooters about all our rapid fire "that didn't hit anything". One day we who were also shotgunners brought out the skeet guns from our closets and gave them a whipping at doubles. They eventually closed our IPSC ranges.... go figure.

There is just something about hosing an array of targets that is like shooting full auto.

Better than sex (well almost).

I suggest you have someone smack one of the little white things with one of those weird sticks.

Once the white thingy is airborne, go ahead and shoot it.

Should give a whole new meaning to the term "mover".

Another great training tip! This is what the forum is all about!

There is just something about hosing an array of targets that is like shooting full auto.

Better than sex (well almost). Mick, you need to try it with a partner, it will make a big difference! :rolleyes:

While at the SHOT Show I was at the Perazzis display and was exclaiming to my friend about a three gun set that cost $117,500.00. A man next to me said "that's nothing, look at this". It was a three gun set that was priced just under $400,000.00! I knew then, that Skeet and Trap were not for me.

Buddy