Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Club Match

JThompson

I expected to tell you I did very well, but it was a bit less than I would like. Mostly, I needed to pick up the pace a bit. I was shooting well and could have picked up an A with a faster time. I scored max points or close to it every stage, but should have moved faster. The thumb is still a factor, but I decided to shoot the match anyway.

Hit factor overall about 4.3

I was 4th overall with an couple of sandbagger Bs and As with hit factors of 6-8. :P Still, this is a top 5, most of the top shooters having not showed, but it was a good start. I didn't blow-up. That's the main thing. I have another match Sun and am going to work on bringing the trans up a notch.

Edited by JThompson

Good for you! I am planning on participating in my first match in 2 weeks. No idea of what to train on except shooting straight. Speed will definitely be an issue for me as well, and hopefully i don't get so flustered that accuracy suffers. Again, congrats!

JT,

how about a link to the match results so we can see your progression from a unclassfied to a master class shooter. with the amount of shooting you do, that shouldn't take too long

I was 4th overall with an couple of sandbagger Bs and As with hit factors of 6-8.

I have been beaten by B and A class shooters on several occasions. None of them were sandbaggers. :surprise:

Edited by Ron Ankeny

I was 4th overall with an couple of sandbagger Bs and As with hit factors of 6-8.

I have been beaten by B and A class shooters on several occasions. None of them were sandbaggers. :surprise:

<_< may not be the best thing pointing your finger and calling names... Like SandBagger...

I think most all of us look at sandbagging as a dirty word. I have payed several times to reshoot a classifyer after trashing it, and I think only one had a better time on the second try.

JT,

how about a link to the match results so we can see your progression from a unclassfied to a master class shooter. with the amount of shooting you do, that shouldn't take too long

I've been thinking about a RD with my progression, but that might cause me to add pressure. The key, for me is stress... when I relax I shoot better. If/when I get ,ore comfortable I will give more thought to it.

If shooting a lot made a master there would be more masters. :)

JT

Hello Ron,

They are froends of mine and we bust their b alls about it all the time. I don't put any negative connotations with it, nor was it meant to be..... Thanks for reminding me I need to be more careful about how things may read to others.

JT

<_< may not be the best thing pointing your finger and calling names... Like SandBagger...

I think most all of us look at sandbagging as a dirty word. I have payed several times to reshoot a classifyer after trashing it, and I think only one had a better time on the second try.

As I said above, there is nothing in my mind that makes it a neg comment. It's all in the way one looks at it. ;) I shall watch it though since, as you say, people here see it as a "dirty word." In other sports it's just guys busting on each other and it's no harm no foul unless it's with malice and that's no my intent toward my club brothers and sisters.

JT

Remember that it is always you versus the COF. This is still a principle that I am attempting to ingrain daily.

A great piece of advice, and one I was reading this afternoon.... from what I read, I think I'll order Lanny's book.

JT

Remember that it is always you versus the COF. This is still a principle that I am attempting to ingrain daily.

A great piece of advice, and one I was reading this afternoon.... from what I read, I think I'll order Lanny's book.

JT

An excellent investment.

Okay, I just got in from the Club match. It was a long day.. I got around 3hrs sleep and am burned. I shot with the first squad and did pretty well. No mikes and pretty good points... I did have some minor blow-ups, but didn't let them drag me down. I even pulled off a hit factor of 7.8 on one of the stages and a 5.6 on another. The other 2 pulled them down wih 2 HFs of 3.8.

Hello to HSmith and Squishy... it was a pleasure to meet you guys! A few of us guys decided to shoot the deal over for practice... I was nervous and blew up something terrible the second time. I had one stage that wasn't bad, but the rest I was lucky to hit the backstop. :) I didn't dwell on it and had fun with the guys anyway. I even got within 1% of HSmith on one of the stages... granted, he threw a Mike on that, but it was still cool to see a 92.08% for me. :) I shall think about that!

We broke down the stage and then all sat around and talked while out scores were calculated. I was glad that they stayed to see that I can actually hit a target. :) After we got the scores we went outside and watched th Blue Angles finish up the Rockford Airshow.

Overall HF of 4.2 with 92.08%- 49.22%-83.4%-74.2%

I shall now think about the positives and put everything else out of my mind. :P

Best,

JT

PS Congrats to HS on making A! Also, for an M run on one stage!

Edited by JThompson