Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunshop comandos/experts

KentG

Just a quick note: Our indoor range and gun store is USPSA affilated and almost everyone in there is very helpful. There are always trying to suck everyone into the sport! Thanks goodness they never talk down to people! Proble the reason we have a lot of girl shooters down here!

I thought that was a good thing! :rolleyes:

Edited by toowide

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody say girl shooters?

Don't they just need a P22?

I don't know how many countless times I have been in a shop and a girl wants a gun and all she is shown is the 22s. I suggest at least a 9mm and all the commandos go, "Nahhh!! all she needs is a 22!"

I don't know how many countless times I have been in a shop and a girl wants a gun and all she is shown is the 22s. I suggest at least a 9mm and all the commandos go, "Nahhh!! all she needs is a 22!"

Yes, I am gulity of that! Only if they have never shot a gun before! Guy or Girl! I have seen more girls come in with there (i can teach any body to shoot boy friends) and be scared out of there mind because the first gun that they shot was 45acp or some small light weight 9mm. and never touched a gun again!

Yes, I am gulity of that! Only if they have never shot a gun before! Guy or Girl! I have seen more girls come in with there (i can teach any body to shoot boy friends) and be scared out of there mind because the first gun that they shot was 45acp or some small light weight 9mm. and never touched a gun again!

I understand that portion. Not a big deal there. What erks me is when the girl comes in with a specific request. I sent a friend into a shop with basically a shopping list. She had shot many of my firearms before and was a very good shooter. She just didn't have any idea of the lingo or other terms. So the commandos took her for a newbie. She asked for a Glock 19 and they kept trying to get her to buy a P22. I was very upset. I had spent a lot of time with this girl to get her worked up to the 9mm. She shot my G19 and fell in love with it. I even got her into a CCW class. Needless to say she was simply unable to deal with the gunshop guys. The only reason I sent her to that shop(I was in the desert at the time) was it offered the Glock LEO/Military discount. I have had problems with the same shop in other instances. They are out of business now and another very good shop has picked up the Glock discount offer.

I see your point! It's because she is a girl!!!! My wife and daughter can clean an indoor range out when they go into pratice with there open guns. Always freaks the wantbe's out so much they come out and complain!

Stupid computer did a double post on me!

Yeah that is a hoot to see too! I had a girl show up to the range with a 44 and start shooting next to all of us while we were having a rimfire day. Very annoying but cool somehow!

Edited by theknightoflight

I love this story. :bow:

When my girlfriend and I were looking for a 9mm pistol for her, I had a guy at one shop show her a Kimber Target II in .40 because they didn't have a 9mm in stock and that one was the closest. He picked it up and said, "That's a .40, that might be a little big for you." Little did he know, her dad is a gun dealer in another state and self-described "recoil junkie". Aside from the .22s she started shooting when she was 6 years old, she hadn't even shot a handgun smaller than a .45ACP before she met me, and in fact has a lot of experience shooting his handcannons, including numerous .44 magnums and even a .45-70 contender. :wub:

The very first time I shot with her, she picked up my Glock 35 (which she'd never shot before) and obliterated the X in the perfect center of the target. Anytime I think about doing something she'll be mad about, I remember that.