Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you shoot your revolver in L10?

skeeter

I just looked at the rule book. I don't see any reason why you couldn't shoot a factory produced 8 shot revolver in Limited 10. It would have to be 40 caliber to make major, but I don't think anybody makes 8 shot 40's. You can't change caliber so 38 super would not be allowed unless some factory had made enough of them. I guess the moon clip question would have to be answered by USPSA HQ. :) The 357 major is only in revolver division now. So I would guess if somebody wanted to shoot an 8 shot minor 38 special revolver in Limited 10 they could.

Bill Nesbitt

Skeeter sez - seems that there are a fair number of guys that have 8 shot revolvers, so can they shoot them in L10?

Sure, one of the beauties of the revolver is you can shoot it in any division you want. Unlike the autos which must stay out of the more exclusive and elite revolver division. Nah, nah, na-nah, nah.

In Open, a shooter can slap on a dot and get ready to run & gun (well, maybe walk & gun). No specific bullet size like .40 to worry about. Super & Magnum will make major easily.

Think of all the fun to be had on those 8 shot speed shoots. And think of all the POed hi-cap race gunners if they happen to get bested by a <hack, ptui> wheel gun!!

In Limited and Limited 10 the revolver will have to be shot minor if the bullet isn't .40 or larger. (Is anyone making an 8 shot .40, yet?)

One local guy regularly shoots his 8 shot in L-10. It's the only way he can shoot a revolver without doing standing reloads. He also chews a cigar while shooting. I don't know if this is a requirement or just a personal preference. I can't find a reference to cigars in the rulebook and when I ask all he does is grin and spit out bits of tobacco.

In Production it must be a VERY small 8 shooter, they use the dreaded "box" in this division, you know. And, again, it will be scored minor. But, on the bright side, so will everyone else. Once S&W comes out with their 8 shot J-frame I predict it will be a real contender in Production. (Maybe it will be in .40 S&W.)

Of course, the 8 shot can always be used in Revolver Division (is there really such a division or is that just a figment of the imagination?) as long as the shooter remembers 1-2-3-4-5-6, whoa - stop, reload, 1-2-3.......

By God, I think we've found the perfect IPSC gun - a small framed, 8 shot, .40 caliber revolver, with easily interchangable dot / iron sights. Truly a gun for all divisions.

Now if only there was a Ghost Revolver Holster.