Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N310 Load for .40

Coolduckboy

Are you able to make a N310 load for .40? I can with my .45 and it is freakin sweet load but wondering if you could make a load for .40 major.

Others have done it, BUT: Don't even THINK about loading it under 1.200" or so. Yes, there is a refernce to it on TGO's site. However, if a 180 grn bullet sets back on a major load of N310, you will have issues. Make sure you know what you are doing as far as preventing set back & load LONG. I'll get off the soap box now. Anyone have chrono data?

There were two guns that Kaboomed at A2 last year. Both were limited guns shooting 310. I have read where a few people are doing it but it is very close to the edge with respect to pressure.

Too close to the top end of the pressure limits for me.

Kind of like clays.........it'll work, but sooner or later it'll also KABOOM !!!! :wacko:

N310 for .45 ACP or clays

N320 for .40 S&W or tightgroup but Vit is cleaner ;)

I used to use N310 for .40 major and it makes for a very sweet load that is quite pleasant to shoot. Just as with Clays, you must be cautious, as it is one of the fastest burning powders available and loading too heavy or getting setback can results in pierced primers (which I did experience during load development with Federal primers) or case head seperation.

I do not remember my load off the top of my head but I know I have posted it here and you could find it with a search.

• 2 weeks later...