Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ear Muff Socks

RobMoore

All season, I keep seeing people with cloth "socks" for their hearing protection to soak up the sweat. I keep forgetting to buy a pair, and now that I am making an effort, I can't seem to find them.

You can imagine all the strange results I got by googling any phrase with "muff" in it.

Can someone point me in the right direction to order these things?

You might try calling or e-mailing the manufacturer of your muffs. I think Pro Ear calls them their "sanitary kit" or something like that. I tried to buy a pair. They cost something like $.97 and the postage and handling was something like $6.95. After the rep thought about it, he said he'd just throw a pair in an envelope and mail them to me....NO CHARGE! Another example of excellent customer service :)

Good Luck,

Keith

Thanks for the Brownells reference. I'll try them out.

I looked at Peltor's "sanitation" kit, and its just a replacement for the vinyl cover, which is the problem in the first place. Cloth covers are what I was looking for.

They used to be sold under the name of JRs Shooting Muffs. I bought them from him for years. He seems to have gone out of business, though. I just had a friend who sews stitch some elastic onto round pieces of cotton fabric for me.

JRs shooting muffs is now called "muff sweats".

They still sell them on their website, but they are 3 times what brownells charges.

HMM...Got a URL? The old address is stale and the phone number changed as well. The last set I bought from him lasted through 3 years worth of use. Great product.