Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bent Moon Clips

xcount

The .45 clips were pretty cheap.  I never put a lot of effort into fixing them.  I think the 10's are more expensive.

I did have a set of perfect clips for match use, and a set of "good enough" clips for practice.

Dropping partially loaded clips on concrete will often bend them.  I tried not to use my best clips at the indoor matches.  

I think I would like to have one of the saver tools, but they're a bit expensive. I can buy more than 50 clips for that money.

I throw them away when the start to suck. For less than a buck a piece, I just buy a few every now and then.

• 5 months later...

www.clarkcustomguns.com

www.moonclips.com

www.dillonprecision.com

They're about $1 everywhere. At Clark (they don't have em listed on the site anymore) you get a discount if you buy a lot.

I believe Numrich Gun Parts also stocks them for about $0.50 each but I could be mistaken.

The concept of bending them back might be O.K. with one of those new devices but in a major match do you really want a flimsy piece of metal that has lost some strength to be the "weak link" in your shooting?

Granted, my moon clips are not even close to being the only "weak links" in my shooting but why add to the chance of a failure :wacko: ? I buy new ones. :P

Yes i have looked at dillon and brownells

i shoot a 38 super and a 38 special both with moon clips and in dillon and brownells all they sell are 45s and 10mm.

got some frome moon clips but man they are really thin...

Leroy