Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help from some 9mm STI shooters

HSMITH

I have made dies for re-shaping the STI magazine tubes for 9mm specifically without spacers regardless of OAL. I have been using these magazines along with a couple other people for a while and all is well. I am looking for a larger test group with different guns, loads, OAL, etc. What I would like to do is reshape and tune one or two magazines from each tester free of any charge other than shipping to get the tubes to me, in exchange I would like a dead honest evaluation of how the magazine runs for you in your gun. I don't care if the gun is an Open 9 Major or a steel gun or a 3 gun iron sight blaster. New tube, old tube, as long as the tube is serviceable I don't care. Send me your problem mags that you just can't get to run, as long as they are in somewhat reasonable condition. There are no guarantees that they will run better than what you are doing now, and capacity won't be guaranteed either at this point. Followers and springs will either need to be Dawson with ISMI or Grams, there are too many other variables in play at this time to start working with a bunch more combinations.

The modification made to the tube is reversible, by sending it back to me.

The end goal of this is to offer a 9mm magazine that runs, without the hassle and limitations of spacers, that you can get when you want it, and all at a reasonable price.

PM or email please if interested.

Thanks, Howard.

My wife has 1 sti 170 with dawson base and grams spring +follower all new stuf and it wont run :(

I would more than happy to pay for the mods!!

major 9mm 1.175oal 124 zero.

If you would like to try it, give us a yell.

Thanks..Jim

I have a couple. Benny is going to switch the gun over to 9mm after Area 4. Mainly for shooting steel but also some major 9. I plan to shoot it at a some large Area and 3 gun matches. Also considering a 9mm IDPA gun.

Mike

I have made dies for re-shaping the STI magazine tubes for 9mm specifically without spacers regardless of OAL. I have been using these magazines along with a couple other people for a while and all is well. I am looking for a larger test group with different guns, loads, OAL, etc. What I would like to do is reshape and tune one or two magazines from each tester free of any charge other than shipping to get the tubes to me, in exchange I would like a dead honest evaluation of how the magazine runs for you in your gun. I don't care if the gun is an Open 9 Major or a steel gun or a 3 gun iron sight blaster. New tube, old tube, as long as the tube is serviceable I don't care. Send me your problem mags that you just can't get to run, as long as they are in somewhat reasonable condition. There are no guarantees that they will run better than what you are doing now, and capacity won't be guaranteed either at this point. Followers and springs will either need to be Dawson with ISMI or Grams, there are too many other variables in play at this time to start working with a bunch more combinations.

The modification made to the tube is reversible, by sending it back to me.

The end goal of this is to offer a 9mm magazine that runs, without the hassle and limitations of spacers, that you can get when you want it, and all at a reasonable price.

PM or email please if interested.

Thanks, Howard.

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard back from everyone that has had the mod done. If you would please pm or post here how they worked out for you. I would like to hear from everyone running these magazines.

Howard did two mags for us both 170mm in major 9mm no spacers,

Both mags were used in 3 major matches...six or seven local matches and almost dayly practice.

after several thousand rounds thru them both....we have had exactly ZERO malfunctions!!!!!!

One of the mags was an sti that was worthless it would not run two rounds in a row...now it is perfect!

Not only did Howard fix our mags , he has been very helpfull all around, and I am happy to call him friend

I will stake my word on his honesty and his fine work!!

I would recomend him for any mag work and I intend to send him all my mags for tuning.

Thanks Howard!!!

Jim Lambert

Howard

I ran a couple of matches using the mags you did for me.... Although they were pretty beat up when I sent them to you they came back running and did not stutter while running short factory loads in my 6" Limited Fat Free. I passed them on to a friend for his new Fat Free 6" 9mm and I will let you know how they run for him. Perfect I am sure.................. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it and I am very happy to have been able to help. Blasters that RUN sure are a lot more fun to shoot, and getting the problems out of the way sure helps the shooting!!

If anyone hasn't gotten back to me because what they had to say wasn't positive, well, I am a big boy so don't hold back. I won't get mad, I promise. ANY feedback will be appreciated.

I think I have sent an email or a PM to all involved that I hadn't heard back from but with as many as I did I am having a hard time keeping tabs on who has responded and who hasn't.