Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is There Any Way To Tell A Regular Trigger Returns Spring From An Xtra

Overkill

This may or may not help but I know all the glock factory springs are galvanized. They are a grey color, not a typical brown, red, blue or steel look. Does that help? MLM

That is exactly what I thought. However I was later told that Glock subcontracts their springs from third parties and it depends on the batch. I do not know which one is true. My G-19 is really old and still has the original Glock trigger spring - which is not galvanized. My G-35 is about a year old and it came with a galvanized spring. I bought a few extra OEM springs to have on hand and all of them are galvanized.

The easy way would be to try them all in your gun and see which ones make your trigger pull a little lighter.

I have a week memory for that kind of thing. Buy the time I strip the thing and switch the innards and put it back together I dont remember all that well what it felt like before. Maybe it really doesnt matter then I guess. But maybe not. :D

I swaped in that spring, but I also polished things up some more and put in the minus power striker spring and all together it felt better.

Recently Wolff sent me a selection of Glock goodies, including trigger springs, and I noticed the shape of the hook on the Extra Power jobbies is considerably different than on the others. It's like it's a semi-circle instead of a full circle in shape, if that makes sense. In shape it's almost like the "hook" has been squashed in. Not sure when this change was adopted - or why, unless it's to make the Extra Powers visually, easily distinguishable from the non-Extra Power, and thus avoid identification problems like yours.