Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar-15 Mag Question

i have an assortment of usgi mags and am beginning to have some feed problems. there are no dents in the cans. i was looking for some opionions. would i be better off buying mag-pul or some other aftermarket followers and wolff, ismi springs or just chuck 'em all and get new for about twice the price of rebuilding? any experience with similar problems?

I don't know what you are paying for rebuild kits but

www.cproductsllc.com has 30 rd mags with magpul followers and great springs for $12.15.

I have found it easier to sell the mags you have on hand as used and buy new mags. Even the new Magpul mags are only $14-15.

Are you sure it is the magazine that's causing feed problem? Have you tried a brand new mag to see if indeed it solves the problem. If yes, I would say buy new ones, cheap and plentiful now, don't wait.

An assortment of mags is not a good thing. You want a metric shjt load of the same brand. Get the DPMS ones from Brownells in bulk and add the MagPul followers, or just get the ones smokshwn recommended.

The MagPul follower alone with the existing spring is all it takes to turn a quality USGI mag into a 100%er. Get the MagPul Ranger basepads while you are at it.