Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old CED Timer

twix

Wow! Thanks Erik. Now I'm thinking, should I say what kind of idiot I am? Ok, I erred rather badly, it's a Competition Electronics Pro Timer III. I figure it's old because it has a sticker on it from 1990 USPSA Nats. Anybody that was shooting then and still shooting now has a free pass to smack me upside my head when they see me for calling them old. Same goes for Erik, obvious reason.

No problemo!  Hey, that's what these forums are for!

The only way I knew about it was that I found it while doing my prerequisite 6 months of research and id-depth analysis before buying something.  (I used to be an engineer.  It's a disease.)

E

And all I did was pull out my old CED 6000, see it didn't have a 'Par' button on it and put it back in the bag "nope, not old enough".  Wrong brand didn't come to mind.

Actually, I do have a vague memory of the old Pro Timers.  I think you have to hold down something and poke the par button, or maybe vice-versa.

(Edited by shred at 2:00 pm on Sep. 26, 2002)

Oh yes the engineering thing Erik. A continual source of contention between myself and my regular shooting partner, as in:  Me"Let's go!  Partner"Wait! We need to talk and over-annalyze it first." Me " Let's get going, we'll fine tune it as we do it." Partner"Wait, let's design it to the nth degree first and if we can't design it perfectly, I may not EVER do it."       I like engineers, I really do, but dang! You drive us drivers batty sometimes.                                                                

Twix,

Thanks, but I'm not a real engineer, I just used to play one on TV.    

What bugs the hell out of me about real engineers are:  (1) They all are college edumacated, but not a goddamn one of them can spell, and.... (2) Engineers are the biggest cheapskates on planet earth.  (Note to self: Never, ever go on vacation with a bunch of freakin' engineers again.  Not fun... Not fun... Not fun....)

E