Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ez 3

Flexmoney

No problems. :ph34r: Bruce had to straighten me out with where to load ICS alias'.

The only thing I haven't verified is rounding accuracy between WinMSS and EZ. It's not something I'm going to worry about at L1&2 matches. On the off change that I ever run a Level 3 or higher match to submit to IPSC, I will utilize MSS.

Kenny

Anybody running EZ 3 ?

Good? Bad ? Ugly ?

Been waiting for guys like Bill and Bruce to install and use it to see if it blows anything up . . . ;)

Heck...those two don't count...they've probably been running simulation on it for the last three months...using that some super computer. :D:D

I'll install it and come back here with all my questions. (Plan to use it this Saturday)

As I said earlier, read the Support page on uspsa.org for 3.0 notes, FAQ's, hassles, considerations, etc.

What I'm going to want to see is the first brave soul out there who has a shiny new Vista machine and tries it on that!

Good enough that I'll be betting the Open Nats on it next month...

Bruce

Bruce, I'm curious. Will you be using the "Bruce" generic labels as created out of ezws30 or will you still be printing your own out of your office frontend processor application?

...and has anybody noticed in BrianEnos that if you write two messages in the same topic within a given short timeframe, he merges them together? That's what he did here with me just now.

Will you be using the "Bruce" generic labels as created out of ezws30 or will you still be printing your own out of your office frontend processor application

It being a Nationals, I have the luxury of saying: "dunno - that's for the Sedro staff to decide".

B)

Bruce

EzWinScore 3.0 has an interesting new feature that will be useful when viewing the Nationals results.

To see how it works, visit the results for the Western New York Practical Pistol League's April, 2007 match. Display overall results for a division and click on a member number.

It will be very interesting to do this to check the stats on the nationals winners.

The SS nationals appears to have used a pre-3.0 version, which means this feature is not available with those match results.

Rob

Whoa. Extra super-duper nice. :):):)

I wonder if MD and stats-types could re-submit old match results for posting on on USPSA with the new 3.0 and get that new feature ?

(Get'n Ziggy Wit It must have been some hard-cover/NS with mostly exposed heads ?)

And now for the REAL fun -- After a small local, level 1 on May 12, I get to do the first 'live' test of the IPSC functions (Targeting Education IPSC Level III match May 17 & 18) followed by the USPSA Level III match on May 19 & 20.

Nice to know that if I do screw up, I will do it in front of most of the IPSC & USPSA GM's & Administrative heavy weights. Boy, do I know how to pick 'em! :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Targeting Education Match Statistician

It ought to do fine. Just remember the consideration of foreign shooters with no uspsa number but still having an IPSC alias. Details and workaround available at uspsa.org's ezws support page under "bugs". (Not really a bug; just something we forgot about... :unsure: )

EzWinScore 3.0 has an interesting new feature that will be useful when viewing the Nationals results.

To see how it works, visit the results for the Western New York Practical Pistol League's April, 2007 match. Display overall results for a division and click on a member number.

It will be very interesting to do this to check the stats on the nationals winners.

The SS nationals appears to have used a pre-3.0 version, which means this feature is not available with those match results.

Rob

That even works with a 3-gun match, it looks like.

South River March 2007 3-Gun Match

Nice to know that if I do screw up, I will do it in front of most of the IPSC & USPSA GM's & Administrative heavy weights. Boy, do I know how to pick 'em! :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I'll be around Linda. If you have any trouble...I'll help you fake it. And, if you get any lip from 'those guys'...I'll lend them a pencil and they can sit down and do their scores by hand. :)

Whoa. Extra super-duper nice. :):):)

I wonder if MD and stats-types could re-submit old match results for posting on on USPSA with the new 3.0 and get that new feature ?

(Get'n Ziggy Wit It must have been some hard-cover/NS with mostly exposed heads ?)

Yup, if they still have the ".db" file - EzWS 3.0 can open the file, and write out the new format "webfile.txt" for uploading.

I expect some interesting "winner analysis" after the upcoming nationals.

That looks like the old 2.29 display without the detailed stats.

I'll be around Linda. If you have any trouble...I'll help you fake it. And, if you get any lip from 'those guys'...

<laughing> I think I *am* one of "those guys" - but, regardless, I'll be there too, and would be happy to help if needed....

B

OK...first issue...just figured out it take a new and different classificatin file.

That doesn't help me though...still getting an error when trying to import the classification file. :(

EZ 3 is looking for " ez_class_update ", correct ?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I'll be around Linda. If you have any trouble...I'll help you fake it. And, if you get any lip from 'those guys'...I'll lend them a pencil and they can sit down and do their scores by hand. :)

Okay...it's clear you haven't met me yet. Nobody gives me 'any lip,' just coffee & chocolates! :) Ask Jeff & Larry.

More worried about my Canadian friends who will be helping in stats. When we started planning this, we thought we were using WinMSS for the first 2 days & EZWinScore for the last two. So I have a top notch stats person from Ontario to help with the IPSC match. The thought was that she would be the expert on WinMSS & I would lead when we switched to USPSA. Now she'll be using a program she's never seen before for the entire match, instead of the one she's familiar with.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

OK...first issue...just figured out it take a new and different classificatin file.

That doesn't help me though...still getting an error when trying to import the classification file. :(

EZ 3 is looking for " ez_class_update ", correct ?

ez_class_update.txt - make sure you're not trying to import the ".zip' file directly, Once you download the file to your PC, check the size - the version that is on-line now is 2,663,982 bytes.

OK...I got it.

I had originally tried to bring in the ezdb file...which is only good for the 2.x versions.

Once I did that, I kept getting errors when...then...trying to bring in ez_class_update

So, I back out (closed EZ 3)...opened a different match file with EZ 3, then closed that (don't know if that helped or was needed), then opened EZ 3 back up again with the match file that I had been working with. It then allowed me to import ez_class_update without any trouble.

:)

Nice...I was able to open last Sunday's match (4-29-07) at Rayner's Range (OH11) with EZ3 (originally done in EZ 2.x), then upload the new version of the file to the USPSA website...with the cool new features.

(Rob, would it be real hard...too much to ask...to have a totals row for Alphas, Bravos...through AP ?)

Neat feature. :)

Looking at ordering a copy just to be current. Are there any improvements in 3.0 for Multigun, 3gun and Rifle/Shotgun match handling? Any issues?

Thanks in advance for any info in these areas.