Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low Turnout Of Wheelgunners

hopalong

Lee, that's exactly why many consider shooting Revolver Division in USPSA competition--a game that is decisively not set up to accommodate us--to be the ultimate handgun action shooting challenge! Overcoming that difficulty is part of what makes it attractive to many of us.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee, that's exactly why many consider shooting Revolver Division in USPSA competition--a game that is decisively not set up to accommodate us--to be the ultimate handgun action shooting challenge! Overcoming that difficulty is part of what makes it attractive to many of us.

Well said Carmoney, and I agree. Anybody can run a semi-(and I do that too).

Lee, when you shoot the wheelgun, you are competing against other revolver shooters. Makes no difference if it is "revolver friendly", what ever that is supposed to be. It doesn't matter what the semi shooters are doing. We all shoot 6 and reload. When you walk up to that 8 or 10 shot array, all the revolver guys have to reload.

There is also something to be said about that feeling when you finish a stage and one of the semi guys says "he beat me, and with a $&%^ wheelgun too" :D

There is also something to be said about that feeling when you finish a stage and one of the semi guys says "he beat me, and with a $&%^ wheelgun too" :D

After shooting a stage at a major match this past weekend, one RO turned to me and said, "Do you realize how ridiculous it makes me feel to think about how much faster you shot that stage than I did yesterday with my Open gun?" I just accepted his handshake and smiled.

B)