Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Handgunner/norco

Just came back from Norco and I had a blast at that match!!SSA set up 6 stages and it was cool to shoot the plate racks and specially the shoot off!!!!I wish I had a video cleaning up the rack at low 3secs.. it was a really cool expirience and i got to do it without going to Colorado!! GREAT MATCH!!!hope to see another one soon!

Edited by shooterbenedetto

Just came back from Norco and I had a blast at that match!!SSA set up 6 stages and it was cool to shoot the plate racks and specially the shoot off!!!!I wish I had a video cleaning up the rack at low 3secs.. it was a really cool expirience and i got to do it without going to Colorado!! GREAT MATCH!!!hope to see another one soon!

Who won the shootoff?

Hi chuck, not sure who did? but they couldnt squad me with anyone. I shot it for time and for fun not man vs man they didnt have enough man to shoot it with my class??. anyways, I guess some shooters do not like this format because it is a different style of shooting. i'll explain it when i see you.it definitely gives you the jitters on the man vs man. I shot with Ralf M.just to expirience how it was. he's a c class open shooter.

Edited by shooterbenedetto

To make the match easier to administer we put shooters in squads of 4. We try to make the squads of 4 as close ability and equipment wise as possible. With 6 stages you see the the other 3 shooters in your squad twice each in the first round. This gets around the problem of byes which is my major gripe with the handgunner.

We don't do a overall shootoff yet. Just let the 4 guys go at each other in their 4 man squads. Unfortunately when people show up late it's hard to get them squaded. If I would of had 2 other guys I could of put Shooterbenedetto and Ralf somewhere. We are doing another SSA handgunner in June, check out calendar. The smart guys let me know ahead of time so I can pre-squad them. People that show up the morning of get squaded where I can put them.