Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Va-md Section Championship

I can honestly say that it was a pleasure to work the match, despite the weather and range conditions. I consider it a privilege to help out the sport by working my own Sectional Match. Thanks to all the people (Tino, Barb, Mike, and everyone else) that worked so hard to pull off this match.

The stages were fun to shoot and were challenging enough to catch some of napping (pun intended). Man I wish I could do that one over.....why did I have to hold so close to the no-shoots....this isn't Production anymore...2 mikes, 2 no-shoots!!! <_<

It would have been nice to see a few more options to solve some of the stages, but all in all, it was a great match.

Congratulations to the winners and to the shooters who braved the rain and mud on Sunday! A big congratulations to my buddies Ron & Megan and Dave Beam; you guys rocked and it showed in the results!

Great stages + Great RO's = FUN

thanks ... :cheers:

PS:

that stage 6 was really a challenge

I would like to offer up my thanks as well. I've only been shooting for 6 months and I'm slow, but I wanted to support my local club and shoot in a major event. I would have to say that this event, and the overall sport, has to be one of the best combinations of competition, adrenaline, sportsmanship and pure fun of any hobby I've been involved with to date. I lost count of the free advice I received from skilled shooters and ESPECIALLY the ROs and I plan to absorb all of it. When people like myself bump into the top male/female shooters at the event and they take the time to say "hi, how are you?" and "how's it going?" and "good luck!"...it just solidifies my earlier comments.

The online stage stats are a great help as well. I shot SS Minor and the stats will be great to help see where I can improve(besides the obvious 50% slower time on average).

Thanks again.

- John

And Stage 6 really was fun....especially when you get to shoot it twice like I did :surprise:

Great stages + Great RO's = FUN

thanks ... :cheers:

PS:

that stage 6 was really a challenge

I would like to offer up my thanks as well. I've only been shooting for 6 months and I'm slow, but I wanted to support my local club and shoot in a major event. I would have to say that this event, and the overall sport, has to be one of the best combinations of competition, adrenaline, sportsmanship and pure fun of any hobby I've been involved with to date. I lost count of the free advice I received from skilled shooters and ESPECIALLY the ROs and I plan to absorb all of it. When people like myself bump into the top male/female shooters at the event and they take the time to say "hi, how are you?" and "how's it going?" and "good luck!"...it just solidifies my earlier comments.

The online stage stats are a great help as well. I shot SS Minor and the stats will be great to help see where I can improve(besides the obvious 50% slower time on average).

Thanks again.

- John

And Stage 6 really was fun....especially when you get to shoot it twice like I did :surprise:

John,

Sounds like you had a blast, I assume you shot on Sat, you know the real fun was shooting in the rain on Sun. :goof:

Looking quickly at your stats the first recommendation as you are shooting minor is to focus on shooting as many A's as possible.

Also feel free to squad up with me at any match and I will be glad to provide whatever knowledge I can.

Alan

i agree with everyone. it was a great match, excellent stages and organization. i shot the match on sat PM. i worked sat AM on the classifer stages and sunday on sweet dreams (AKA wet dreams). it was amazing to see so little complaining and so much fun being had in a tropical storm. it was great seeing all of you. thanks to all the other match staff.

dave luu

Only my 3rd match (IDPA crossover), and despite the desert like conditions Sat p.m. I loved it! I had way too many MIKES, and No-shoots though. But, I was plenty slow to make up for them :blush:

I thought the stages were outstanding. My favorite being stage 4. Running, close shots, long shots, little bit of steel, swingers, etc.

Stage 8 was a killer!

Had the pleasure of watching a 13 yr. old clean stage 9 (aka stage 3-A) Steely Speed VII in 3.99 (Limited) :surprise: . Y'all watch Sonny as he will be a force to be reckoned with soon. Great kid too.

Thanks to all....Tino, and staff, the RO's, etc, and I'll see you again at your local matches there. BTW there's a lot of you I have yet to meet, and or, put a name to a face, but I hope to be around often.

Bill

Edited by billdncn

Man, what a way to come back to the major match scene. Mig says that I brought all the rain with me. If so I am truly sorry to everyone who had to deal with it. I really enjoyed it, I wasn't happy that I had to shoot in it, but a bad day on the range with a great group of guys is way better than any day at work.

Thanks to all of the devoted match staff for keeping things running smoothly even when the timers stopped working. Thanks to a great squad for making a horrible day alot of fun. I gave Dennis the idea of a "High and Dry" stage for next year.

Congrats to all the winners, I was slipping and sliddin' but just couldn't crawl my way to the top. I gave it all I could without going down in the slop. Megan Congrats on the stage win, Thats awesome............

It was great seeing everyone again, hope to see ya soon. Maybe at the Nationals?????????

• 4 weeks later...

ogiebb,

I emailed the MD a few weeks ago to see if there was going to be plaques or whatever and was told they will send them out after there made. Heard nothing since, was my first section win and would be nice to have a plaque to remember it by. I would even help pay for it :lol:

Ryan

Edited by RHall

ogiebb,

I emailed the MD a few weeks ago to see if there was going to be plaques or whatever and was told they will send them out after there made. Heard nothing since, was my first section win and would be nice to have a plaque to remember it by. I would even help pay for it :lol:

Ryan

thanks Ryan...and congrats on the win and also thanks for leaving B class :devil:

Ogie