Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why 100 Rds At The Cup?

Alan550

After shooting at 7 Cups so far, I have a question that probably should be addressed to the range officials or whomever makes up the specific rules that govern the Cup.

They require us to show up at each stage with 100 rds, supposedly in case of a reshoot. That's good as far as it goes. But then they take 6 of those away from us for the chrono, leaving 94. After shooting 48, if a re-shoot is needed, you're only left with 46! Does somebody need to learn to count, or is it just me?!!? <_<

Alan~^~

This year will be my fourth,

So counting the fact I shot 2 guns in 05 and 06. They will have 80 rounds from the unused chronographing rounds left there for me!!! :P

I always go to the line with 100, plus what is in the magazines I am going to use on that course of fire, which is 8 mags with 9 each. Having had to do a couple of reshoots in the past I no longer take any chances. Seeing as the brass is going to stay there I fill the other side of the ammo bag with 2 boxes of live ones.

Don't confuse us with the facts.

Like the "take an unloaded sight picture on an edged target"! Then subsequent sight pictures are with a loaded gun. or,

Walk to one side or other "away" from 10 yd line to unbag your gun. The walk to the 10 yd line to load and make ready. Save the step, take the gun/bag to the 10 yd line, remove gun, take sight picture and load and make ready. This would save time. Perhaps this was a carry over from when shooters used clothes pin trays and attache cases instead of the shooter bags the size of duffles today.

The BC is still the greatest show on earth. I'll be there bitchin as usual. :D

MJ

p.s. Personally, I think chrono at BC is a total waste. The PF is light anyway, and much softer loads will not reliably cycle most comp guns, or take down marginal plate hits. Do away with that unnecessary time consumer. For the revo shooters, much slower bullets and you have to lead into next week on the mover. Do away with chrono and you save enough rounds to shoot another match!

• 10 months later...

If there is a re-shoot, you only need to re-shoots the strings that were affected.

You do not need to shoot the entire event over.

Of course, I normally go up about 100 rounds on my and at least another 100 in my bag that I take with me into the event.

After shooting at 7 Cups so far, I have a question that probably should be addressed to the range officials or whomever makes up the specific rules that govern the Cup.

They require us to show up at each stage with 100 rds, supposedly in case of a reshoot. That's good as far as it goes. But then they take 6 of those away from us for the chrono, leaving 94. After shooting 48, if a re-shoot is needed, you're only left with 46! Does somebody need to learn to count, or is it just me?!!? <_<

Alan~^~

Alan,

As you know I am new to this, but I will check into that, and let you know, there must be a good reason & if not, I will fix it.

Tom...

thughes@nrahq.org

Don't confuse us with the facts.

Like the "take an unloaded sight picture on an edged target"! Then subsequent sight pictures are with a loaded gun. or,

Walk to one side or other "away" from 10 yd line to unbag your gun. The walk to the 10 yd line to load and make ready. Save the step, take the gun/bag to the 10 yd line, remove gun, take sight picture and load and make ready. This would save time. Perhaps this was a carry over from when shooters used clothes pin trays and attache cases instead of the shooter bags the size of duffles today.

The BC is still the greatest show on earth. I'll be there bitchin as usual. :D

MJ

p.s. Personally, I think chrono at BC is a total waste. The PF is light anyway, and much softer loads will not reliably cycle most comp guns, or take down marginal plate hits. Do away with that unnecessary time consumer. For the revo shooters, much slower bullets and you have to lead into next week on the mover. Do away with chrono and you save enough rounds to shoot another match!

Martin,

As you already know I am not opposed to change, change can be good. I just can back from the Winter Meeting for Bianchi. We were working on this, and I am sure you will be happy, but probably someone will not. I am working ion the Program and should have it completed soon.

Thanks for all you do for this sport!

Tom...