Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 5187/567

Wideload

No, I haven't tried this one, but I have tried a similar holster, and found the suede lining made it too slow & sticky on the draw for competition shooting (USPSA). Shame, because I really like that style holster. Mine was a Wilson "Practical".

Larry

No, I haven't tried this one, but I have tried a similar holster, and found the suede lining made it too slow & sticky on the draw for competition shooting (USPSA). Shame, because I really like that style holster. Mine was a Wilson "Practical".

Larry

Order up some of Mitch Rosen's leather lightning. Work it into the holster, and it becomes slick as snot....

I've seen a number of the "custom fit" style...though I don't know anything about that belt attachment configuration.

I see where the 5187 says "adjustable cant", but the picture shows more butt forward cant than I would want for competition. (so, that would have to be workable for me to like it)

You might talk to Brian (our host) about those. Robbie Leatham is using something along those lines. Brian might have some good suggestions (he does sell the Safariland line).

I like the 5181. I cut the "wings" down a bit to speed up the draw, ends up looking like the 5182 but I like the paddle on the 81 better.

Extremely comfortable, good angle for quick draws. Was my primary carry holster until I broke it. Not the holsters fault and Safariland warrantys their holsters for 5 years.