Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Precision

lgbmike

By the way, Brazos full custom Limited is 1.5 years backlog!! Ouch!!

Michael

I called today to get put on the list. Next slot was September of 08. That was for a full custom, his next slot of a semi custom is Oct 07.

What to do.... What to do.....

JS

I called today to get put on the list. Next slot was September of 08. That was for a full custom, his next slot of a semi custom is Oct 07.

What to do.... What to do.....

JS

Just go to the classifieds and get a GREAT deal on a Bedell Spitfire. I bought a Bedell Lightning from Matt, had it within a week and have been completely satisfied. The gun has run flawless 7000rds. It was everything I had hoped and then some. It was the first time I bought a gun off of a internet forum and I would not hesitate to buy a gun from the BE forum again. I have tried to talk myself into buying the Spitfire for a back-up gun but really can't justify it as my Bedell Lightning has never hiccupped so I will just wait until I see a 9mm Bedell open gun go on sale....

Edited by Craiger

• 10 months later...
Has anyone seen the guns Kevin Toothman is building from US Shooting Academy in Tulsa?

By the way, Brazos full custom Limited is 1.5 years backlog!! Ouch!!

Michael

WELL IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOME KIND OF HIGH QUALITY GUNSMITH, VISIT JVDYNAMICS.COM FROM SINGLE STACKS TO MODIFIED PISTOLS. BACKLOG IS ONLY 4 MONTHS. I'M WAITING FOR MY BRAND NEW STI MODIFIED PISTOL IN 3 TO 4 WEEKS. JOJO AND JIMMY VIDANES ARE THE ONLY GUNSMITHS WHO FIX MY PISTOLS SINCE 1992, NO COMPLAINED AT ALL. WHY WAIT FOR A YEAR?

I have a Dawson Signature limited that is 9yrs old and at least 100k thru it. It has been as flawless a gun as you could ask for. I havent shot it much lately as I have others to shoot now, but it will still shoot as good a group as any of my other limited guns that are much newer. If you can stand the wait Dawsons limited gun is as good as they get. For open though I have the SV IMM gun and I have never shot anything that performs as well. There are definetly a small group of very competent gunsmiths out there, but if the wait time is a factor then you have to either shop for a good used gun or wait for the product from your favorite guy.