Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo Count This Weekend

hitman

Slow weekend so I thought I would inventory all my personnel ammo.

Here is what I came up with

40 S&W

20K reloads

6K factory

9mm

15K reloads

3K factory

5K reloads

2K factory

38/357

2K reloads

1K factory

12K factory

6K factory & military

12G

10K reloads

1K factory

20G

2K factory

33K bullets

22K primers

10K cases / hulls

Is this a good start, am I ready for the revolution or just anal retentive?

How dose this stack up with everyone else?

"During the raid by ATF, FBI, State, and Local law enforcement agencies, a huge weapons cache, ammo dump, and car bomb factory was discovered in a local sub-urban neighborhood. Authorities were very grateful they discovered all of the ammo. "Don't you folks worry, we'll see to it that all of this ammo is disposed of in a proper manner". Numerous weapons found included "Sniper Style" rifles, Handguns capable of holding 20+ rounds, numerous machine guns, and the parts necessary to make a silencer. Also discovered during the raid were all the chemicals necessary to manufacture methamphetamine" :D:D

Ya got me beat, that's for sure

DanM - Giggle :D

That is a lot of loaded ammo for me to have around, most of mine are in components. I keep at least 30 Gallons of .40 brass on hand - but since I load .40 Minor / .40 Major (Short) / and .40 Major (Long), I just load 500-1000 as needed.

Hi, my name is Justin. I have this problem where if I take the time to load ammo - it usually gets shot up shortly thereafter ;)

9mm - 5K

.45 - 3K

.223 - 10K

.308 - 1K

.38 / .357 - 1K

12GA - 1K

Sounds like you should have spent the weekend LOADING MORE .... you're WAAAAAAAYYY behind Pharoah Bender.

* 1 hour elliptical

* 1 hour Full Dry Fire session

* Loaded 1K rounds of ammo

.... and that was just today. I'd try and catch up with him, but when I load 1K - so does he, so I never seem to get anywhere ;)

Thats ABSURD!!! :wacko::wacko: I have about 1K loaded .38 Super with 11K primers, 10K brass and 16lbs N350......I'm doing good NOT to have to load the morning of the match (LOCAL MATCH that is).....I load my major match ammo couple weeks in advance in case something was to break on the 650(knocking on wood)...

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

I've got about the same amount of total ammo, but they are all reloads except 12K of 7.62X39 and maybe 200 rounds of carry ammo in assorted calibers. I've got at least 1K of factory 12 GA somewhere and a few thousand .22s that I just remembered. Some of my quantities are guesses, as I have 22 gallons of .45s, 10 gallons of .38 Super and 27 gallons of .40 that vary between 800 and 1000 rounds a gallon. I keep a couple K of each in Dillon 100 count boxes, but storing them in gallon containers is more practical (and cheaper).

I don't keep nearly as many components though. I've got enough to load 5K of .45, 3K of .223, 2K of .308, 1K of .303, 5K of .38/.357, a few hundred 45-70s, 4K of .38 Super and 8K of the .40 ammo my wife and I currently use. I always bid low on e-bay brass, and while I get outbid most of the time, I win enough to keep a steady flow of brass coming in at $15/K max for .40; I have plenty of everything else.

I like to have enough of ammo for emergency purposes. The last emergency was an elbow injury that took 4 months of no reloading to heal. I could still shoot, so it was nice not having to worry about running out of ammo. The main reason I have a lot of ammo is due to a stressful job I had for 20 years. I didn't have much time to shoot, so reloading was my best bet for retaining my sanity.

Almost all my .45 ammo is cast bullet loads that I cast myself for $5/K, so it wasn't too pricey to stockpile that.