Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooter

zhunter

I get to answer my own question the rifle used is a, chey tac m 200 in a 408 caliber

http://www.cheytac.com/M-200.html

I just saw an episode of "future weapons" on the Discovery Channel that featured them. Supposedly they designed a projectile to be as aerodynamically efficient as possible, and carried as much energy out to distance as possible... and then designed a cartridge and weapons system around that projectile.

ymmv. At the very least, it is compelling from a marketing point of view....

Bruce

Manufactured in Arco Idaho.

TG

Just noticed when I watched it again the other day, that one of the rifles he uses in the first fight looks like a semi but he actuates it manually. WTF?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally saw this.

Some impressive detail - "full value wind" and BC comments, click adjustments, wind flags.

but a 50 bmg or .308 doesn't take "5-6 seconds" to travel 1800 yrds. Maybe someone misplaced a decimal point in the script. And taking head shots at targets in a vehicle traveling 30 - 40 mph!! And offhand headshots in a boat?

At least Walberg reloaded.

• 2 weeks later...

My son had been after me to watch the movie and I finally did tonight. I wish I had watched it sooner. If you sit back and watch the movie for what it is, a rip-roaring good shoot-em-up, I think you will, like I am going to do, watch it again.

JMHO

dj

• 3 months later...

I saw it on DVD last weekend and aside from a few changes from the book it was pretty good. Something interesting on the DVD was an interview with one of the Technical Experts from "Gun Site" appearently Mark spent a few days there learning the basics and with the help of his professional spotter was hitting targets out to 1100 yards on his second day at the range. The instructor who I believe is an IPSC shooter was suitably impressed.

Who knows maybe a dose or reality can change the liberal mind :)

Joe