Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Quick Strain Screw Question

MichiganShootist

A great summary....B-Hunter.... Thanks!!!!!

I shot with a guy tonight...who claims 100,000 dry fires and a year of weekly matches (USPSA & IDPA).. and he has his 625 & 610 strain screws locked (in a backed out position)-----with fingernail polish... without a problem. He just re-applies after each cleaning.

I'm guessing this is a .... Why the chicken crossed the road.. post... and probably is not worth the attention it garnered.

Thanks to all the posters.

Blue Loctite is my solution.

Edited by MichiganShootist

Mike

Sorry if you were offended because out of the 3 or 4 solutions suggested to the strain screw post...... I didn't pick your solution.

You are clearly an expert in this area... but.... not the only one with a valued solution.

I believe the strength of a forum environment... is that we are all willing to take the time and effort to share our experience and insights knowing that they will not be be the same... and that adults receiving all that information will (and should) digest that information and make their own choice.

I for one.... appreciate your posts... and have printed most of them on this topic for reference.

Long live the wheel!!!!!!!!!!

Ah hell, I can't stay mad......

Thanks for calling me an expert on strain screws. I also know a fair bit about screw strains. But that's a whole 'nother subject altogether...... ;)

Just remember what an expert is. :o

An EX is a has been and a Spurt is something that comes in the night. <_<<_<

Your reference that blue LocTite doesn't loosen if properly applied doesn't always hold true, my strain screw still backed out.

Ah hell, I can't stay mad......

Thanks for calling me an expert on strain screws. I also know a fair bit about screw strains. But that's a whole 'nother subject altogether...... ;)

Just remember what an expert is. :o

An EX is a has been and a Spurt is something that comes in the night. <_<<_<

Your reference that blue LocTite doesn't loosen if properly applied doesn't always hold true, my strain screw still backed out.

It might shooting magnums. I only shoot .38 load.

I have seen the SW rental guns strain screws back out even after being cranked all the way down (no loctite).

I would not be surprise if magnum loads could break them loose eventually.