Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramped Barrel

Timpe

:unsure: I've just decided to return to USPSA after several years of traveling for work reasons and not having the time to devote to shooting. My question is can I have a ramped barrel and bushing installed on my almost stock 1911 which has a ramped bull currently and still use it for singe stack or is the ramped barrel a no-no? Thanks Tim

:unsure: I've just decided to return to USPSA after several years of traveling for work reasons and not having the time to devote to shooting. My question is can I have a ramped barrel and bushing installed on my almost stock 1911 which has a ramped bull currently and still use it for singe stack or is the ramped barrel a no-no? Thanks Tim

Ramped barrels are fine in SS.

If you have a good cost effective gunsmith you can have your bull barrel turned down to normal size and just fit a bushing.... may save you some money, fitting, if your current barrel is already setup correctly.

Edited by sfinney

Ramped is fine for SS, but bull barrels are not allowed unless the barrel is 4.2" or less.

Ramped barrels are fine in SS.

If you have a good cost effective gunsmith you can have your bull barrel turned down to normal size and just fit a bushing.... may save you some money, fitting, if your current barrel is already setup correctly.

+1 $60.00 and 30 min. with a new bushing and you are good to go. :)

You don't need a reverse plug, just a regular 1911 recoil spring plug will work (and one with a hole in the end if you have a guide rod). Your bushing will hold the plug in place, like normal.

You don't need a reverse plug, just a regular 1911 recoil spring plug will work (and one with a hole in the end if you have a guide rod). Your bushing will hold the plug in place, like normal.

If he doesn't get a new reverse plug he may have an ugly gap between the frame and the recoil spring tunnel..depending on the type of reverse plug the gun currently has.

If he doesn't get a new reverse plug he may have an ugly gap between the frame and the recoil spring tunnel..depending on the type of reverse plug the gun currently has.

Very true.