Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Confused

DEADEYE

Help; Another newbie question, here is what I have to shoot a 1911 Colt w/adjustable sights, magwell, adjustable trigger and Pachmyar grips. I have 15- 7 round mags but have access to 10 rounders if needed. What class do I shoot in? there seems to be some options. I thought i had this figured out but after reading here the last few days I'm confused. The local matches seem to be IPSC if that helps answer the questions? :wacko::wacko:

Your local matches are likely USPSA matches (the US branch of the international IPSC...often they are referred to in the generic term of 'IP-SIC').

You would likely be best served using the 10 round mags and shooting in Limited-10.

Your sights, magwell, trigger, grips, etc. are not an issue.

Check out this thread for a quick and dirty run-down of the divisions: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22336

Your local matches are likely USPSA matches (the US branch of the international IPSC...often they are referred to in the generic term of 'IP-SIC').

You would likely be best served using the 10 round mags and shooting in Limited-10.

Your sights, magwell, trigger, grips, etc. are not an issue.

Check out this thread for a quick and dirty run-down of the divisions: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22336

THANKS FLEX

This is a great help

Deadeye

What class do I shoot in?

Just to be specific here and help you in the future, the question is actually "What division do I shoot in".

Division is dictated by your equipment (open, limited, production, etc.).

Class is dictated by your abilities (GM, M, A, B, C, D).

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo