Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello everyone.  Phil Strader here.  I read a few posts inquiring about shooting videos.  I received a digital video camera for Christmas, and I invested in some editing software.  Of course, I haven't perfected it's use yet.  In an attempt to promote my sponsor and, of course, myself, I'd like you to visit http://www.westcoastbullet.com  and go to the "Photo Gallery"  The bottom of page three has the videos.  Let me know what you think, and spread it around.  There will be many more on the way.  

Phil Strader

"Learn to move slow.....faster"

Phil

Cool. Can I have your autograph?

No serious I have been looking for film like this. Usually you guys are on a super squad and I'm on a wannabe squad, so I can't film you.

Thanks

Bill

Great start! Now you need to i) get remote control equipment and (no, not *or*!) ii) train your wife in taking movies. Eric Grauffel's dad puts two video cameras on every stage of a major match for later critiqueing. This is extremely useful stuff (and hey, who knows, maybe you can sell those videos after a lil' editing?)! The shooter cannot possibly do this because that breaks concentration. But if you have an assistant (boss?), it works well.

--Detlef

Hi Chris,

I talked with Don Kemble at STI, and he informed me that BOTH Area 8's would be contingency matches.  I can't argue with that.  I would LOVE to break out the Glock 17 and go to town, but I really need to get as much practice with the gun I'm taking to the World Shoot,  ya know?   BOY, did I want to shoot against Todd and his LDA!  I love competing against him.  We always have a lot of fun together.  At least I'll be in the same division as the Razor (JJ Racaza).  We have a blast together, as well.  Hell, I always have a blast when I'm shooting and not working!!    Speaking of which, don't forget to attend the 2002 Summer Blast!  What a great job Larry Houck does with that match.  

Take care

Phil Strader

"Learn to move slow, faster."

Phil,

I'm going head to head with TJ and the battle of the LDA's. Ok so I'll get my butt kicked! I think I'm going to have to miss the Summer Blast. I'd love to go but I don't want to be 5-6 hours away from home with the twins on the way. It would be just my luck that they would come early. NJ is only a 100 miles away so I can at least make the hospital. I'll definetly be down next year for it.

Chriss,

Make that 3 LDA's at the A-8!!  I've only shot it at 2 matches, so I'm sure I'll be left behind catching everyone else's brass! (Trigger reset??? huh)

I can't make the SB either because some dumbo scheduled a wedding on that weekend..people need to learn how to schedule around matches!!

Great video shots Phil, keep 'em coming!!

Matt.