Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 Powder Activator Question.

The conversion kits for the pistol calibers all show the same number for the powder activator. Would their standard powder funnels work in the powder measure? Reason I ask is I am missing one for a conversion kit I'm selling, but might have a regular powder funnel for the 40 S&W and would just replace it with it if it would work.

Standard funnels work, but are a little longer than the universal one. I'm not sure if they're really included in the pistol caliber change kits or not.

I was looking at the description for the conversion kits in the Dillon catalog and it does list the powder funnel in the 1050 kits. I am missing one. I do have quite a collection of the standard powder funnels though and do have the 40 S&W one.

On the 1050/Super 1050, the powder funnel is cone-shaped, and only flares the case mouth. The reason for this is that the case mouth is expanded at the swaging station on the 1050 series. This means there is less upward effort required to remove the funnel from the case, giving a smoother handle operation. The standard powder funnels will work on the 1050 series, but it increases handle effort a bit. :ph34r: