Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Mississippi Classic - Level 3 State Championship

I am so disappointed :( that I'm going to miss this match again this year due to a conflict with another shooting match. It's a great match with an awesome match director and staff. Awesome Funnel Cakes too! :wub:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so disappointed :( that I'm going to miss this match again this year due to a conflict with another shooting match. It's a great match with an awesome match director and staff. Awesome Funnel Cakes too! :wub:

Renee, this is two years in a row. Don't you like us anymore? <_<

Jake, we always need extra bodies to help tear down and put away the props after the match is over, and help eat the pizza and drink the beer that the club buys. Stick around, it will be fun.

By the by, we have a lot of "kids" shooting in the other divisions, but we are short on "Real Men and Women" to shoot in the Revolver Division. Care to join us? :lol:

Only the best of the best shoot the wheel! :D:D:D

Jon, I am looking forward to the match and am interested in RO-ing. I sent an email to the match email address a few days ago with no response. Do you have a better address that I should send it to?

Mark,

It is just so easy to use one of them.

It goes like this...........

LAMR, R U Ready? Standy Bye.........Beep. Draw, aim(sometimes) bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, click... (insert a few colorful words here) reload and do it again! ;)

Will be plenty of chances to do this and many other exciting things at the MS classic, even if you don't shoot a wheel blaster.

Looking forward to it myself.

See ya there.

Hopalong

• 3 weeks later...

Patience, sports fans. You don't want to be trying to set these up and practice before hand and lull yourselves into a false sense of security. :D:P

They will probably be up within the next seven to ten days.

13 and a wake-up!

Looking over stages to practice them is always a loser. However you can see if there are any situations you should practice for. Such as a lot of unloaded starts, table starts, strong hand or weak hand, prone, etc.

Looking over stages to practice them is always a loser. However you can see if there are any situations you should practice for. Such as a lot of unloaded starts, table starts, strong hand or weak hand, prone, etc.
A good friend preaches "Practice on stuff harder than you anticipate having at any match". That makes the match easy.

Yes, but when you practice on half things that will be in the match and half things that won't because you don't have any details you are wasting half of your energy.

It's better to be prepared for the specific challenges that match has than trying preparing yourself without any focus.

Yes, but when you practice on half things that will be in the match and half things that won't because you don't have any details you are wasting half of your energy.

It's better to be prepared for the specific challenges that match has than trying preparing yourself without any focus.

Hey Jake, how about just shipping your guns down to me and I'll bring them to you at the match. :D That way you don't have to worry about what to practice and maybe you won't put too bad of a spanking on the rest of us open guys.

Less than 2 weeks away !!!!!!

If you are not entered for the 2007 MS classic too bad............You missed a good one!!!!!! :P I can tell you that from experience. ;)

See all you there.

Hop

Nine days and a wake-up! I am starting to get pumped for this one. We start setting up stages a week from tomorrow and hopefully shooting some of the RO's through. Weather forecast is starting to look good. Got my ammo loaded and will cylinder check tomorrow night. Open offer still out there for anyone who will shoot Revolver, Gun, Gear and Ammo. All you have to do is sign up and shoot. Any takers?

Talked to the food vendor today, he says he will have hot coffee and biscuits ready on Saturday Morning at 7:00 AM, so get there and chow down. I think the food will be better this year. Add fingers crossed and praying icon. :P

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

Got my ammo loaded and will cylinder check tomorrow night.

I don't even have ammo loaded for this weekends club match much less for the Classic and I have to load for two different guns. I'm one of those who is usually loading ammo the day before the match and case gauging that night in the hotel.

HA! That didn't take long. I was just writing up a post that the stages were up and I see they've already been found. Yep, stages are up and everything seems to be coming together for a really great match.

For those interested, the stages are on the match info. page at

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/

I'll be sending out the official info about times and places, etc. this weekend.

John