Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Ts Disaasembly/customizing

Kevin J

Hey Everyone!!

I really want to refinish my TS frame in basic black. I waswondering if anyone has a disassembly guide? I have the exploded view from the CZ website and I'm comfortable with using just that, but I wanted to ask here if there were any Gotchas I should be aware of.

If anyone has any stories to tell about custom work on thier TS, please post them!!

Thanks,

Kevin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"but I wanted to ask here if there were any Gotchas I should be aware of. "

YES! - the lower end comes apart just like any of the ambi CZs (dual safety detents of course) with one big exception: the sear block is tensioned from the back w/ 2 small but strong, springs (helps the gun to keep the sub- 2 lb trigger it comes with - right out of the box). I run the stock hammer spring in the TS because the trigger ia already light enough and the stock spring is powerful enough to reliably ignite the super hard S&B and CCI primers. Just like the polymer trigger on a factory STI, the TS polymer WORKS so I have not swapped it out nor have I ever had one break.

The wood grips are actually shorter than those for a 75/85 - so if you use grips for the 75, they will have to be shortened slightly.

Top end mimics an 85 Combat in that it lacks the Series 80 FP-block and has a traditional FP stop like a 1911.

Slide velocity is way up there, so check the front and rear sight frequently to make sure they are tight.

Regards, TY44934

Great info Carlos!

I'm curious about what you mentioned about the grips. I slipped the TS wood grips onto my SP-01 and they seem to fit fine, maybe a little snug but the work. Unless the SP-01 profile of the grips are much different than the standard CZ 75B, I'm wondering if they might have switched or changed the design of them at all.

-Albert

Here is a link to some pictures of a strip of the CZ frame:

http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792...picID=855.topic

This link is for a standard 75b. The ambi-safeties model is similar. The safety levers must be in the "on" position to be removed. Just wiggle them a little as you are pulling the levers out. They're tight at first, but will slip right back in.

Once the sear block is removed, the remainder is pretty simple (just some removal of pins and a screw for the mag release spring.

If the pin sizes are the same as a standard CZ, you should use 2mm and 3mm punches available from Miossi Gun Works.

almost every CZ IPSC/TS owner has already chimed in so ill try to contribute also :D ....watch out for the trigger pin and the screw stake for the mag release they can be a little hard to loosen up...if your still a bit confused talk to Michael E from CZ usa he is one of the gunsmiths there...he gave me detailed instructions on how to set up my frame and even sent me a brand new trigger and trigger spring because i screwd up mine :wacko::wacko:

Edited by ogiebb

ogiebb-

What did you notice that was different of the trigger bar set up. It appears to be different. I don't have mine yet and can't comment on this. I don't believe it's the same set up.

well i have not really put on the fabricated steel trigger yet (i didnt get the Angus trigger),but i did bend the trigger spring and angled the bar a bit different to to my liking, its a bit more smoother now and i was able to bring the trigger up a llittle closer to the grip....

I think in another post someone mentioned that S_I springs can be made to work in a TS.

im in the works right now and im going to tryan S_I spring and sv follower..the S_I springs are not going to work on a CZ TS follower (its going to take a LOT of bending believe me)

You guys ROCK!!!

Thanks so much for the intel. I hate owning a gun and not understanding how it works. The tip about the two springs for the sear were dead on. Also, I now know to be careful after removing the mag well. That main spring sure does fly! Anyway, I'm up to the trigger itself. I'll post some intimate detail stripping photos for the TS once I've completely mastered it. Thanks again!!

post-6785-1171331966.jpg

Of course, after I posted last night I hit a snag. Just like ogiebb warned, there is a flat head screw that holds the mag release spring in place and by default, the mag release. It's dimpled around the outside edge and appears that the factory stakes the frame metal into the dimples to hold the screw from rotating. Did you just break it or is there some trick I'm missing?

In the mean time I'm removing the checkering from the front and back straps. The factory checkering was getting on my nerves. I ordered a DuraCoat basic kit in H&K black today aswell.

Thanks again for the help!!

KJ

Edited by Kevin J

ok so has somebody already located some aftermarket springs for our TS mags?? my springs are just about to go...i just got off the phone from wolfe springs and they only have springs for the narrow body cz 75..

If you need an plus-power spring, the Grams 11 coil springs for an STI work with the factory CZ follower. If you just need an OEM spring, order it from CZ-USA.

Well.......problem solved. I tried removing the staking with no success and the slot in the screw became stripped. So plan bravo kicked in and I drilled out the screw head and backed the remainder out with a pair of needle nose. Man, that is not for the faint of heart!!!

So now I'm in a holding pattern waiting on the DuraCoat and I'll be ordering a new mag spring retaining screw :P:P:P

Here's some pics:

post-6785-1171411562.jpg

post-6785-1171411616.jpg

ok so has somebody already located some aftermarket springs for our TS mags?? my springs are just about to go...i just got off the phone from wolfe springs and they only have springs for the narrow body cz 75..

If you need an plus-power spring, the Grams 11 coil springs for an STI work with the factory CZ follower. If you just need an OEM spring, order it from CZ-USA.

Thanks for the tip Pickles :D ...yeah i have 6 oem springs from Adam of CZ usa coming up...ive tried the STI springs last time but it created a Staircase effect on the mags and caused the gun to malfunction it also took a lot of bending to make it work..ive even used a modified SV follower but that didnt work too.....i spoke with Robin from Taylor Freelance and looks like the prototype Alum Basepads are currently in its Final phase i home it works out...Great guy by the way he is going to replace the base pads that have cracked on me you gotta love that kind of warranty from a company :D:D:D

Well.......problem solved. I tried removing the staking with no success and the slot in the screw became stripped. So plan bravo kicked in and I drilled out the screw head and backed the remainder out with a pair of needle nose. Man, that is not for the faint of heart!!!

So now I'm in a holding pattern waiting on the DuraCoat and I'll be ordering a new mag spring retaining screw :P:P:P

Here's some pics:

Great Project!!! :D im probably going to do the same and going to have it Hardchromed

Kevin, seeing you cutting on yours was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I've been threatening to shorten my dustcover, remove the factory checkering (what a joke) and lighten the slide, but I guess it took seeing one being hacked on to make me take the plunge.

As for a finish, probably hard chrome, maybe armour coat (a guy here locally does a freat job) but don't rule out good ole' Brownells spray and bake finish.

"Cutting on".......Och! :) Look at it as "Constructive Reconstruction and Egronomic Modifcation". I'm glad I inspired you! If you need anything, just drop a line. Take a look at DuraCoat, its pretty revolutionary stuff.

I ordered the mag spring and screw today. CZ says they're standard 75 parts, so that was a relief. So now while I'm waiting........on to that slide. More pics to follow.

Call it what you want. Mine's getting the liposuction/Jenny Craig/Slim Fast mod. Whatever, just not that stuff that Anna Nicole was pimping. Wouldn't want it to crap out on me at the wrong time. :unsure: "Do you like my CZ? Bang! Bang! click, tap, rack, click, mag change, rack, click, CRAP! WHOOSH-THUD (as it hits the berm...)"

Edited by ken hebert

Kevin J : Nice job on taking the checkering off..

figured when I finally get hold of a TS..I will do that too..

did some chatting with Matt after the SHOT show and CZ ( Angus ) was showing off the CTS.

Matt sent me some photos of how he has modified his gun..I like the idea of lightening the slide up too..

TSmagextension001.jpg

TSmagextension004.jpg

so sometime this season..I'll probably have Matt work up a TS for me sans checkering and see what we end up with..

We got some ice and snow around here today, so I made up a little how-to on disassembling the TS. Here's the link http://www.practical-shooters.com/tsfrmdiss.html

If oyu guys could take a look and comment, I'd really appreciate it! I just want a some other eyes on it to make sure it looks alright. Thanks and I'll post as I progress.

KJ

We got some ice and snow around here today, so I made up a little how-to on disassembling the TS. Here's the link http://www.practical-shooters.com/tsfrmdiss.html

If oyu guys could take a look and comment, I'd really appreciate it! I just want a some other eyes on it to make sure it looks alright. Thanks and I'll post as I progress.

KJ

Great Write up :D

Great report Kevin.

Eerw, thanks for sharing the pics from Matt. I wonder if anyone else has got some slide cuts they've applied to the Tac Sport. It would be cool to see the same cuts seen on the 1911s & 2011s limited pistols carved out on the Tac Sport.