Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The New Dillon Lock Rings

What is the deal with the lock rings??

They're a lot smaller, which gives you much more room to wrench/adjust your dies if you have to. The actual wrench that's available is also a lot less bulky.

What is the deal with the lock rings??

The new lock ring's handy- the smaller diameter creates more room on a somewhat crowded toolhead. Then, there's the ability to dispense with the "bench wrench," Dillon's answer to the Swiss Army Knife. Designed to do 15 things, none of them effectively. For some reason, Dillon does the big things well, but their accessories can be dubious, to say the least. Another example would be their giant metal primer flipper....which doesn't.

Edited by Rico567

My primer flipper problems have been solved forever by the "Vibra-Prime" gizmo that Midway sells. It cost only $28 on sale, and it isn't even necessary to use the tubes that come with it- the Dillon primer tubes work directly. It incorporates a flip tray that works great, lock the flip tray into the pistol grip, insert a tube, pull the trigger, and it fills the tube in less than 10 seconds.

My primer flipper problems have been solved forever by the "Vibra-Prime" gizmo that Midway sells. It cost only $28 on sale, and it isn't even necessary to use the tubes that come with it- the Dillon primer tubes work directly. It incorporates a flip tray that works great, lock the flip tray into the pistol grip, insert a tube, pull the trigger, and it fills the tube in less than 10 seconds.

I'm glad you got one that worked! Mine was so poorly assembled the battery door was glued shut from the, shall we say, "enthusiastic" assembly procedures. It works OK with Winchester LPs primers, but flips Federal 150s like pancakes at a Shriner's breakfast. The plastic molding they use is so sloppy that I'd have to ream the small pistol primer hole out to even attempt to use it.

I *might* get the Dillon unit one of these days, but the Crapford Arsenal one has kind of spooked me on automagic primer loading.

And I love the lock rings, too.