Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heinie Slantpro Or Ameriglo

pevadijk

I just bought a Glock 19 and although the pistol is great, the sights do suck!

Currently I've narrowed my choiche down to Slantpro's or Ameriglo target sight (with a .090 front sight)

Which is the better choiche (I tend to prefer the Ameriglo's, because they seem lower)?

I have changed all of my competition Glocks (5) over to the Ameriglo sights. I am a little different in that I don't care for thin front sights. I must say the Ameriglo thin front is the best design I have seen though. I too like the lower sight sets. Some of the fronts I have seen look like sails.

I use the big dot molded Hiviz front.

Heinie but i'dlike to have a dawson front sight but i cant choose between the .105 or .125

Please input's

thx

I'm assuming you'd be using the Dawson FO front sight. If so, I think it's all a matter of preference. Something I thought about that has been mentioned on this forum and others, is the use of the thinner front sight and as wide as you can go notch on the heinie. It has something to do with creating "light bars" on either side of the front sight within your sight picture and how that helps with target acquistion and accuracy. Maybe the "race cut" that customglockracing.com sells is similar? Not sure, but I do like the sight picture on my Glock.