Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sooner Sectional

Waltermitty

This is preliminary data so some details are still to be worked out, but I wanted to give a heads up on what is in the works so everyone can be prepared.

The Oklahoma Revolver and Single Stack Sectional Championship is now tentatively planned for the 4th Saturday in May (5/26/07) at USSA in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

For those of you that may not be aware (e.g. you've been living under a rock for the past year) USSA was the site for the 2006 USPSA Open/Production Nationals and will be the 2007 site for the Limited/Production/Revolver Nationals in September as well as the Multi-Gun Nationals in October.

This will be a terrific match and a great opportunity for everyone to scope out the venue before Nationals. Whether you plan to shoot Nationals or not in Tulsa, you really need to make your pilgrimage to see this breathtaking facility. If the future of Action Shooting looks like this, it's going to be a wonderful life. B)

You must have the date wrong. I don't have any committment that weekend, and it's within driving distance.

...your pilgrimage to see this breathtaking facility...
Isn't that Okiespeak for "downwind from a hog farm"? :D

Y'all are gonna see how poorly I can shoot with both a revolver and a bottomfeeder. :wacko:

ETA: Maybe I celebrated too quickly. Are we going to be able to shoot both guns, or just one? I assumed that it was a two day match before actually reading for content.

Edited by revchuck

ETA: Maybe I celebrated too quickly. Are we going to be able to shoot both guns, or just one? I assumed that it was a two day match before actually reading for content.

At present it's planned to be a one day match. I don't know what the procedure would be to work around that if you wanted to try to shoot both guns :o .

I suppose we could have EMS standing by for when you keel over. ;)

Current talk is an 8 stage one day match. That could change, but that hasn't been discussed.

Mike and I will try and make it. Sounds like a fun match, and that range is definitely worth a drive to seel

Dollar a stage? :huh:

Isn't that Okiespeak for "downwind from a hog farm"?
:rolleyes:I'll let you say anything you like to the neighbors about the smell. Edited by Waltermitty

• 1 month later...
Might be a great match. Wish it didn't conflict with the Bianchi Cup.

Oh well.

Guy

It will be a great match, it's just hard not to conflict with something between Valentine's Day and Thanksgiving Day.

When you add up 6 divisions, 50 Sections, 8 Areas plus assorted "Special" matches, National Championships plus 3-gun and it's hard to stay out of each others way just in USPSA.

Throw in IDPA, SASS, and all the NRA games, etc, and somebody somewhere is going to have a wedding to attend the weekend you plan the match.

Perhaps we'll pick a better date next time and see you there. :D

Yeah, I had concluded a long time ago that there weren't enough weekends and those we have are all too short.

Work gets in the way of so many things... Of course, work makes those things possible as well.

Now that the weather is getting better, I do intend to make some of the matches in the general area. Being new in this area, I want to get around and meet people and experience the matches. Just need more and longer weekends - and more gas money!

Guy

Unless something changes radically, I'm planning on driving down that morning. May be exhausted from a prior event.

If you decide to do it in 2 days, add Sunday. What Iowa did last year was to run PSS one day and Revolver the next. They had 36 Revolvers and, I think, 38 PSS competitors last October. USPSA let them do it as there was enough difference to justify it. The year before they had 40+ PSS only.

Just some thoughts.

Dave

P.S. Shameless plug for the Kansas Sectional (Sat. 5/19) and ICORE Bonus Match (Sun. 5/20). We have 13 IPSC sign ups and 7 ICORE sign ups, with only 1 local (ME!).

Unless something changes radically, I'm planning on driving down that morning. May be exhausted from a prior event.

If you decide to do it in 2 days, add Sunday. What Iowa did last year was to run PSS one day and Revolver the next. They had 36 Revolvers and, I think, 38 PSS competitors last October. USPSA let them do it as there was enough difference to justify it. The year before they had 40+ PSS only.

Just some thoughts.

Dave

P.S. Shameless plug for the Kansas Sectional (Sat. 5/19) and ICORE Bonus Match (Sun. 5/20). We have 13 IPSC sign ups and 7 ICORE sign ups, with only 1 local (ME!).

I'll be in Kansas for the 19th & 20th. I've got the entry forms printed out and on top of my desk. I'll have them in well before the deadline. :)

Great!

I've got 1 lined up to ride shotgun so far. For the 2 in 1 Weekend Marathon Revolver Trek. Should be sending off my Application for the Sooner Rev/PSS Sectional next week.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

So, WalterMitty what's up with the Oklahoma Revolver/PSS Sectional?

I sent in my entry and have another coming with me, both shooting Revolver. Going to Iowa the Friday before. So it's going to be busy.

Will you guys have the stage descriptions available?

We've got 12 for the ICORE Bonus and I know of that many more, you coming up for both/either? Got Bubber's entry.

Dave

So, WalterMitty what's up with the Oklahoma Revolver/PSS Sectional?

I sent in my entry and have another coming with me, both shooting Revolver. Going to Iowa the Friday before. So it's going to be busy.

Will you guys have the stage descriptions available?

We've got 12 for the ICORE Bonus and I know of that many more, you coming up for both/either? Got Bubber's entry.

Dave

Everything is on track. The stages are being worked up now with many suggestions being reviewed. I'll ask if the stages will be posted before the match.

I'm planning on doing both matches with you in Kansas, I imagine Bubber and I will car pool if we can get that worked out.

We shot USSA's monthly match this past Saturday. Work has been going on non-stop on the range. For those at last years' USPSA Open Nationals you won't believe how much more dirt has been moved.

New pictures have been posted of the ranges including some photos of the shoot house.

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/index.html

We kinda overlooked a little planning point on the application, that was an early entry discount for planning purposes. I think we learned our lesson and won't miss it next time.

If you're planning on attending the match, please go ahead and send in your application to help the guys at USSA plan for attendance. There are a couple of decisions that are hard to make until you've got a ball park idea of how many people are planning to show up.

:P

• 4 weeks later...
Put us down as coming....we can't resist a chance to come and be abused by Okies.

Why, you cut me to the bone! Tell me what ruffian has abused you and I will deal them swift justice. (and get some pointers) ;)

I plan to be on the range Friday to help with final setups and housekeeping. You want me to work on your gun before the match? :P

Is that Memorial Day Weekend?

Are the shooters from USSA team not going to the NRA Bianchi Cup?

That is the same weekend.

I will be there as I am a sponsor.

Waltermitty, what hotel are you staying in in Topeka for the Sunflower ICORE?

Is that Memorial Day Weekend?

Are the shooters from USSA team not going to the NRA Bianchi Cup?

That is the same weekend.

I will be there as I am a sponsor.

Waltermitty, what hotel are you staying in in Topeka for the Sunflower ICORE?

Yes. The following Monday is memorial day.

There may be some going, I don't know them all.

Yep.

Thanks for Sponsoring our inaugural event! We've got our 1st time jitters going on and I'm sure we'll learn many things about making the match a success.

I have a reservation at one of the Revolver Neutral Inns on the west side of Topeka.

:)