Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speed Shoot Vs Slow One?

Ramas

Was practicing another day. I was quite overworked(you know problems at work and so...), but my goal was shoot all alphas. So I was shooting slow slipst to go for A, but that day it was 1 A, another C. So you know how I was pissed off. Last excersise what I want to do was speed shoot(just for fun). 10 bullets in 2-3 sec time. And then my score was all Alphas. What the hell what does that mean? I made 5 strings, an those was all alphas in about 20 feeet distance. I've had feeling like I was shooting like "god". Gun control was amaizing, I saw every sight picture so clear so I was surprised by my self. I was "turnned" . Now I'm quite stressed, is it possible to shoot good points fast if you make some mistakes in slow fire? Maybe I should shoot faster?(but my mind says You are wrong if you shoot faster that is only happened this day)? What the hell....?

You weren't thinking/trying but were using your subconscious and visual inputs. That is where you want to be for high level shooting But you still must master the fundamentals of shooting before you can rely on your subconscious.

Don't ever think speed. See speed.

Yes I know that feeling, when you "just shoot". It was when I was shooting plate rack in 70 feet distance. No thouts in my mind, but 6 plates was down out of 7 shoots. Verry interesting and suprised after that :)

Was practicing another day. I was quite overworked(you know problems at work and so...), but my goal was shoot all alphas. So I was shooting slow slipst to go for A, but that day it was 1 A, another C. So you know how I was pissed off. Last excersise what I want to do was speed shoot(just for fun). 10 bullets in 2-3 sec time. And then my score was all Alphas. What the hell what does that mean? I made 5 strings, an those was all alphas in about 20 feeet distance. I've had feeling like I was shooting like "god". Gun control was amaizing, I saw every sight picture so clear so I was surprised by my self. I was "turnned" . Now I'm quite stressed, is it possible to shoot good points fast if you make some mistakes in slow fire? Maybe I should shoot faster?(but my mind says You are wrong if you shoot faster that is only happened this day)? What the hell....?

Easy explanation. I suspect it happens even to the very good. I know it happens to me, and I'm far from very good.

When I slow down and concentrate on accuracy, I over think my shooting. I force errors, particularly trigger control, in ways that I never do when I just let myself go with the flow. My body and mind know how to shoot well if I will just let them.

On the other hand, I'm going to have to tell my body to be more careful about where the muzzle is pointed when I move quickly to the left.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that when i slow down and "try" things go bad.. tell yourself to shoot alphas.. don't slow down.. but see what you need to see. don't break the shot until you see it there.

Once you were mad/relaxed you were no longer thinking of all of those silly little thing that were slowin you down.. you were being subconscious.. the part of our mind that is far superior than the conscious. It has been said that our subconscious misses nothing.

I have found that when i slow down and "try" things go bad.. tell yourself to shoot alphas.. don't slow down.. but see what you need to see. don't break the shot until you see it there.

Once you were mad/relaxed you were no longer thinking of all of those silly little thing that were slowin you down.. you were being subconscious.. the part of our mind that is far superior than the conscious. It has been said that our subconscious misses nothing.

Well said.