Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

25-2 Ideas.....

DougCarden

Awright.....just got done with the torch..... :rolleyes: Just kidding.

I now have the Pin barrel off of my 25-2, and have a 6 1/2 in bbl to install.

Only problem is that I need a cylinder....anybody got one laying around, or a 625 cylinder they dont need anymore....

I am planning on getting a 625 cylinder to put on it, mainly cuz I havent been able to find a 25-2 cylinder, and dont want a TI cylinder either....

I am thinking that by using a 625 cylinder I will bypass the old problems with the charge hole fluctutations that kept the gun from shooting lead well.

Whaddya think? If anyone knows somebody here should....... ;)

Thanks, as always....

DougC

Awright.....just got done with the torch..... :rolleyes: Just kidding.

I now have the Pin barrel off of my 25-2, and have a 6 1/2 in bbl to install.

Only problem is that I need a cylinder....anybody got one laying around, or a 625 cylinder they dont need anymore....

I am planning on getting a 625 cylinder to put on it, mainly cuz I havent been able to find a 25-2 cylinder, and dont want a TI cylinder either....

I am thinking that by using a 625 cylinder I will bypass the old problems with the charge hole fluctutations that kept the gun from shooting lead well.

Whaddya think? If anyone knows somebody here should....... ;)

Thanks, as always....

DougC

I've got a low mileage 625-8 cylinder that isn't doing anything. Somebody else will have to tell you what it would take to make it work in a 25-x.

Nemo has a slightly used 2 piece cylinder. I'd bet he'll give you a good deal...

How did I know that would pop up..... :D

Walt, I might take you up on that if someone thinks that may work.

DougC

PM or email me a mailing address when you're ready.

Nemo has a slightly used 2 piece cylinder. I'd bet he'll give you a good deal...

It's not for sale! Now it is a pencil holder on my desk. :)

Doug,

I'm going to do exactly what you're planning to. I will put in my 25 the take-off 625 cylinder from my Randy gun. I put it in the gun just to get a feel for the looks and it seems to me (I don't have a clue on how to fit a cylinder) it will work fine. The stainless cylinder is from a 625-3 and it dropped in the 25 with what it seems to me as the right end shake. It needs timing. The 25 ratchet won't fit the 625 cylinder, so using the 625 ratchet when I pull the trigger the cyl doesn't complete its movement by about 1/32".

Anyway... with some fitting the 625 cyl will work on the 25 and it's going to look cool too!

B)

Edited by Nemo

Thats what I am talking about..... :)

Walt, if possible could you bring it with you to the Midwest match next weekend and we can hook up.

Nemo, that is what I was looking for, thanks much.

I love this place........ ;)

DougC

I'll put the part in my car right now...

....all done!

I saw a 25-2 for sale at Scheels in West Des Moines a few months back that was finished with silver baking lacquer. It was only $350, but it really looked like shit, so I took a pass. It had a really weird feeling action, like some basement hack had been working on it with a dremel tool or something...... ;)

I saw a 25-2 for sale at Scheels in West Des Moines a few months back that was finished with silver baking lacquer. It was only $350, but it really looked like shit, so I took a pass. It had a really weird feeling action, like some basement hack had been working on it with a dremel tool or something...... ;)

Yeah, then he probably sprayed it and baked it in his wife's oven :P