Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sv 9mm Magazines Or Tubes

Flatland Shooter

I'm not having much luck finding 9mm 140mm SV magazines or magazine tubes in stock. Checked Speed Shooters website as well as SVI's site. Neither appear to carry them in stock.

Would prefer tuned magazines, but don't have the luxury of waiting too long. Stock mags if in stock will also work.

My current blaster is 9x21 with plans to have a 9mm Major built in the future. Based on comments in the forum, the SV magazines work well on the 9x19 without spacers, so these mags should work with both guns.

Any help is appreciated.

Bill

I'm not having much luck finding 9mm 140mm SV magazines or magazine tubes in stock. Checked Speed Shooters website as well as SVI's site. Neither appear to carry them in stock.

Would prefer tuned magazines, but don't have the luxury of waiting too long. Stock mags if in stock will also work.

My current blaster is 9x21 with plans to have a 9mm Major built in the future. Based on comments in the forum, the SV magazines work well on the 9x19 without spacers, so these mags should work with both guns.

Any help is appreciated.

Bill

Just got 4 tubes, they are in stock. http://www.sviguns.com/store/?indx=7

Thanks FullRace.

I need to give them a call on Monday. When I go to their site ( and your link) the pulldown box does not show the 9mm 140 mm as an option so I guessed that means not in stock.

The tubes you just got, do you think they need to be tuned?

Again, thanks.

Bill

Thanks FullRace.

I need to give them a call on Monday. When I go to their site ( and your link) the pulldown box does not show the 9mm 140 mm as an option so I guessed that means not in stock.

The tubes you just got, do you think they need to be tuned?

Again, thanks.

Bill

I was on the waiting list for about a month. They just got them from production about four days ago. Web sight is not updated. Sorry bout that. Call em!

The only "tuning" needed was fitting the bottom so my Grams pads will fit correctly.

Good morning Warpspeed,

Are they too big, too small, or a combination of both.

I saw on Bevin's site that the magazine must be sized correctly to fit his pad to avoid damage. How do you make the adjustment. Too large they go into a vise? Too small and they are spread out with a pair of crescent wrenches?

Thansks.

Bill

How do you make the adjustment.

All of the SVI mags that I've bought needed the tabs made a little smaller. I used a file and went slow. You can use the U-clip that comes with the basepad as a guide. FWIW the Dawson pads need the same treatment.

As a followup, I spoke with both Infinity Firearms (SVI) and received an e-mail back from Rene at Speed Shooters.

SVI 38 super x 140 mm magazines are as hard to find as the proverbial hen's tooth.

I had a nice visit with a gentleman from Infinity who indicated they are doing their best to supply magazines and tubes for their guns and the added demand by STI shooters (and now Para owners) has resulted in a pretty good wait time. The recent Dallas area weather has not helped matters. Getting the stainless steel sheets to build the magazine tubes is delaying further manufacture.

If anyone has any further ideas, please PM me.

Thanks.

Bill

• 3 months later...