Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stainless Grip Panels For Para Wide Body

Spaceghost

Many years back there was a local gunsmith that made some stainless grip panels for Para wide bodies. They were nice becuase they covered over the gap in the back and were easy to apply grip tape on..

Anyone seen anything like this recently? I can't find any thing similar. Yes, I know I can put it on the frame directly but this covered up the holes in the frame nicely.

Thanks,

I was aware of the Gun Craft product. This was different in that they were like grip panels made out of simple stainless plate probably 1/16 thick. They retained the ambi in place and protected the trigger bow and helped taper the area where the Gun Craft piece goes. They used the stock screw holes too..

Guess I could try and do a set myself for fun.. I need another project like a hole in the head..

FYI.. Alumagrip doesn't make a Para product and they indicated they probably wouldn't as there wasn't enough demand.

I have a set of Burner grips from Jerry Barnhart on my P16-40 and love them. They are the grips that are made of a grit material much like skateboard tape. Works great for keeping a grip of the gun. They are also a direct replacement grip panel.

www.jerrybarnhart.com

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Dan